Please help Blue Tooth options for 396?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james812

Hello all and thanks upfront for the information!

I would like to listen to my scanner via bluetooth, I've looked around and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I have a 396 that I would like to listen to.

Please advise what equipment would be needed.

Thanks!

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Hello all and thanks upfront for the information!

I would like to listen to my scanner via bluetooth, I've looked around and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I have a 396 that I would like to listen to.

Please advise what equipment would be needed.

Thanks!

This is what I use.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038MA11U?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1

And

http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-BluBri...-Headphones/dp/B002HHLOWC/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
The headset output of the BCD396XT is too low for a standard speaker. This makes it difficult to hear the radio is a noisy environment. The following items can be put together very simply and quickly, and allow you to listen to your BCD396XT privately AND wirelessly:

Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter, usually available on eBay;

Radio Shack 3/32" Stereo Jack to 1/8" Stereo Plug Adapter, Model number 274-397;

Any Bluetooth Headset.

Follow the instructions found with the Bluetooth adapter and your particular Bluetooth headset to charge and pair the devices. Once paired, simply plug the Bluetooth adapter into the stereo-to-stereo adapter, then into the scanner. Adjust the volume on the scanner and Bluetooth headset to a comfortable level.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
The headset output of the BCD396XT is too low for a standard speaker. This makes it difficult to hear the radio is a noisy environment. The following items can be put together very simply and quickly, and allow you to listen to your BCD396XT privately AND wirelessly:

Jabra A210 Bluetooth adapter, usually available on eBay;

Radio Shack 3/32" Stereo Jack to 1/8" Stereo Plug Adapter, Model number 274-397;

Any Bluetooth Headset.

Follow the instructions found with the Bluetooth adapter and your particular Bluetooth headset to charge and pair the devices. Once paired, simply plug the Bluetooth adapter into the stereo-to-stereo adapter, then into the scanner. Adjust the volume on the scanner and Bluetooth headset to a comfortable level.

How is this much different than the 2 devices I posted? The 2 I posted will do the same thing but you can use any headphones or even run it into a stereo, pc, or anything else.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

wmbio

Cardo BTA II - cellular phone Bluetooth adapter - Headsets - CNET Archive

My personal choice...A piece of double sticky tape to the back, mount the unit to the 396 and a RS headphone adapter as Mike above recommends and your in business.

Pix here http://forums.radioreference.com/un...96t-usb-port-discriminator-bluetooth-mod.html My set up is the 5th pix down and I use an over the ear headset and put the scanner inside my jacket or use it in the car.

OBTW, to give the 396 full audio volume at the headphone jack perform the same trick used on GRE scanners, connect the antenna shield to the shield of the headphone jack...most folks use a light duty paperclip or wire to perform this trick...several Uniden threads on this trick.

Enjoy
Wmbio

Last edited:

W2PMX

How is this much different than the 2 devices I posted?
The A210 performs the same function as the transmitter you posted. If you already have a BT headset or earset you don't need the receiver part. Whether you prefer a little thing hooked on your ear or a big headset is a personal matter.

As far as the differences, who knows? There might not be any, or the Jabra might be better or worse. If someone has both we can get a side-by-side comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.