Please help me just listen to one group

Status
Not open for further replies.

msbungle

Hi,

I'm afraid to post in here because if I post in the noob forum, they'll tell me to post in my local forum, but this is a basic question. I've looked for days and days for the basic information but it will take me forever. I'm sorry if this has been answered but I'm just frustrated and have now deleted everything out of my scanner by accident. I only want to listen to the weber county simulcast. I just want to listen to the channels that you can hear when you listen to the scanner app on your phone, or the feed on broadcastify. I know the frequencies. I can listen to them on my 13 year old bearcat scanner. But as soon as I spend $350 for the trunk tracker everything gets very complicated. I have a bcd396xt. I deleted all of the systems except UCAN. THEN, I deleted all of the cities except weber county. Then for some crazy reason, I got greedy. I saw that it was only showing what I now know to be the control channel, and so I thought, "Hey I'm going to delete the pesky weber simulcast" and even though there were still folders for Ogden channels (in freescan) the scanner read "nothing to scan". Now I have UCAN back on, but it's not really coming up with anything. It only ever had any traffic when I was only scanning weber county. I know that I don't make any sense when I try to explain things, so I know I probably am not making any sense. The only thing I want to do is add weber simulcast back on. Please help, thank you. Kelly

joeuser

The Wretched
Hi,

I'm afraid to post in here because if I post in the noob forum, they'll tell me to post in my local forum, but this is a basic question. I've looked for days and days for the basic information but it will take me forever. I'm sorry if this has been answered but I'm just frustrated and have now deleted everything out of my scanner by accident. I only want to listen to the weber county simulcast. I just want to listen to the channels that you can hear when you listen to the scanner app on your phone, or the feed on broadcastify. I know the frequencies. I can listen to them on my 13 year old bearcat scanner. But as soon as I spend $350 for the trunk tracker everything gets very complicated. I have a bcd396xt. I deleted all of the systems except UCAN. THEN, I deleted all of the cities except weber county. Then for some crazy reason, I got greedy. I saw that it was only showing what I now know to be the control channel, and so I thought, "Hey I'm going to delete the pesky weber simulcast" and even though there were still folders for Ogden channels (in freescan) the scanner read "nothing to scan". Now I have UCAN back on, but it's not really coming up with anything. It only ever had any traffic when I was only scanning weber county. I know that I don't make any sense when I try to explain things, so I know I probably am not making any sense. The only thing I want to do is add weber simulcast back on. Please help, thank you. Kelly

I'm guessing this unit was programmed for you? Otherwise, you could just program it with your last save in the software. These radios can be programmed by FreeScan & you could control exactly what you want to monitor.

teufler

wener cty

The "Nothin to scan" deal;, you have all the system locked out. On the scanner display, the S0 line, if it has all *, then you have locked everything out. Press the number keys 0 thru 9, then you can selectively lock out systems. Join the club, we have all had this happen.
here is a file I created. It is Freescan, it has system quik keys and group keys. When you download the file, unzip then read into Freescan. . Then prtess Ctrl K, you see what is attached to what keys. You can see on the left side what keys are attached to Group Keys. You can selectively lock out what you do not wsant to listen too.

Attachments

• weber cty utah.zip
    3 KB · Views: 73

msbungle

Thank you everyone!!! I will try this stuff tonight and let you know how it goes. I appreciate the help, so much! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.