PLEASE HELP WOBBLYONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

wobblyone

Premium Subscriber
I need some information in linn co. cedar rapids iowa. I used to listen to local kirkwood community college. I found they switched to different frequencies and went to a digital system. When my scanner
stops on one of their new frequencies all i get a real strong buzzing or throbing noise. My question
is this does this mean kirkwood college is using encription or a new system. I have a bearcat bct996xt
trunk tracker. Or how to program my scanner. Could anyone please help me.

wobblyone
THANKYOU

RonnieUSA

I need some information in linn co. cedar rapids iowa. I used to listen to local kirkwood community college. I found they switched to different frequencies and went to a digital system. When my scanner
stops on one of their new frequencies all i get a real strong buzzing or throbing noise. My question
is this does this mean kirkwood college is using encription or a new system. I have a bearcat bct996xt
trunk tracker. Or how to program my scanner. Could anyone please help me.

wobblyone
THANKYOU
There is 1 frequency not listed as DMR, the other 3 are DMR.

Kirkwood Community College DMR = MotoTrbo
Schools Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

N8IAA

trunk tracker. Or how to program my scanner. Could anyone please help me.wobblyone
THANKYOU

wobblyone, sorry for your scanning loss. It appears that the college has gone to DMR which means Mototrbo. There are no scanners that will receive this digital mode. So, there is no way to program the 996XT to hear the college.
This has happened due to the federal government requiring businesses to go narrow band on the frequencies (not digital), and opening the way for certain radio sales people to sell radios that the businesses didn't need.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.