Please Keep RadioReference Enjoyable for all

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLM7424

Hello Radio community

I would like to Ask everyone, Please think about your Thread, your Thread Responses and how
Others including the original poster will perceive your response.

Please Be kind , Have something beneficial to add , We all love this Hobby lets keep
it Fun for All .

Thank you !

RogueSteward

When forum moderators are angry themselves, it does not make this forum fun. I thought I had a very vanilla thread, and it was closed. https://forums.radioreference.com/a...could-use-my-ham-radio-license-like-gmrs.html
for no good reason. Maybe the moderators need to look at themselves how they could make the forum fun. I just had a questions, wanted to hear some opinions, and it was closed? Seriously? I've done nothing but help contribute to this forum and I have one thread where I ask what people think and it was closed? pftt...

JLM7424

When forum moderators are angry themselves, it does not make this forum fun. I thought I had a very vanilla thread, and it was closed. https://forums.radioreference.com/a...could-use-my-ham-radio-license-like-gmrs.html
for no good reason. Maybe the moderators need to look at themselves how they could make the forum fun. I just had a questions, wanted to hear some opinions, and it was closed? Seriously? I've done nothing but help contribute to this forum and I have one thread where I ask what people think and it was closed? pftt...
I'm not a Moderator sir . my post is a simple request to the Community

QwKiE

Been there all I got was points so I do not post to much now just read other posts I don't need the bullies hitting on me.

allend

Premium Subscriber

Yup been there too. The moderators are angry people as well as they act like they are police officers to the law on this site. It's pretty crazy how you will get a beat down and they don't realize how much we contribute for FREE and never get a bone thrown our way. It's crazy that we still care for the greater good.

Oh and BTW they like to send your P/M and give you infractions and points.

mciupa

Database Admin
It seems that the kind people are remaining silent in this thread. :(

ipfd320

Banned
Oh Believe Me I Have had Posts Removed and When I Questioned the Moderator on a Post That was Removed Also---Get Ready to Have this Thread Closed Soon Too

The Only Way I See It is to Report It to Lindsey Only With Your Concerns--Good Luck All

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
It seems that the kind people are remaining silent in this thread. :(

Unfortunately, sometimes when you toss a suggestion in or surmise something, you get attacked. I gave up answering questions. I rarely ask questions because I get tired of being told Google is your friend or look in a thread that has almost 100 pages.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yup been there too. The moderators are angry people as well as they act like they are police officers to the law on this site. It's pretty crazy how you will get a beat down and they don't realize how much we contribute for FREE and never get a bone thrown our way. It's crazy that we still care for the greater good.

Oh and BTW they like to send your P/M and give you infractions and points.

As with most on line forums, you are on private property here. There are rules that need to be read, understood, and followed, that you, and the rest of us agreed to as part of becoming a member. All of us are guests here and are required to follow those rules for the benefit of all.

Here's one:

https://forums.radioreference.com/forum-rules-guidelines/304707-complaints-toward-moderator-activity.html

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
In deference to the moderators in this forum, they frequently have a right to be angry. It seems that a large number of members have chips on their shoulders. Rather than "I don't think that's right," they will make comments like, "Are you an idiot? You don't know what you're talking about," That often sets the tone for the rest of the thread.

I've seen people flat out call someone a "liar" and at least one other member even make scatological comments about someone's male anatomy.

If I had to deal with those kinds of attitudes, I would be upset, too.

RogueSteward

In deference to the moderators in this forum, they frequently have a right to be angry.

With all due respect, moderators should be above that. My thread is a perfect example of a moderator likely having a bad day. It's ok, I get it, people have bad days but it kind of makes members want to stay away for awhile, some members may not come back.

I agree with this thread though. It's everyone's responsibility to treat everyone else respectfully simply for the fun of the discussions here! I mean, we are here because of a hobby that is fun. Everyone has to do their part from moderators to members. Nowhere did I read that opinion threads need to be closed. If we aren't allowed an opinion here, or able to innocently ask what people think about radio, radio laws, or if some laws should be changed, let us know!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Hello Radio community

I would like to Ask everyone, Please think about your Thread, your Thread Responses and how
Others including the original poster will perceive your response.

The reason your thread got shut down is because the question you asked has already been asked numerous times, and Upman has stated his policy on product announcements multiple times. One of the principles of courteous forum participation is to make a good-faith effort to see if your question has already been answered, before posting a question. You didn't do that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sds100+mobile+version+announcement+site:forums.radioreference.com gives 14 pages of results of people asking when the SDS100 mobile model will be announced, just from the forums here. So there's no value creating yet another thread just to ask a question that has already been asked dozens of times.

And that's why you got the response you got.

Posting And You...

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Rather than "angry," perhaps the moderators are "exasperated."

my Join Date is 3-2-2005 i have been in the dog house a few times by accident guess i did NOT think good on some posts and answers.i remember a LONG time ago i was at a LIVE burn out in Eastern Ohio don;t remember what little town was doing a live burn on a home and got to meet the ONE person who owns this group.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
To the OP - I agree with your plea and feel that most responses are cordial. The misfits are usually sorted out over time. Still, even cordial responses to an OP can receive unwarranted backlash from the OP. Fortunately, the user block function is available. Hurray!

...and then there is off topic/hijack and insipid arguing - I quite like the moderating on this site. It seems rather lenient to me. Moderating a busy site takes effort; a lot of effort. If I did not like the moderating, I could always start my own forum. Hmm...starting my own forum and controlling it seems like a lot of work. I guess I am grateful for what we have here on RR.

You know, other than the OP, the rest of these posts could be deleted and this thread closed. Again, the mods here seem lenient.
:)

JLM7424

The reason your thread got shut down is because the question you asked has already been asked numerous times, and Upman has stated his policy on product announcements multiple times. One of the principles of courteous forum participation is to make a good-faith effort to see if your question has already been answered, before posting a question. You didn't do that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sds100+mobile+version+announcement+site:forums.radioreference.com gives 14 pages of results of people asking when the SDS100 mobile model will be announced, just from the forums here. So there's no value creating yet another thread just to ask a question that has already been asked dozens of times.

And that's why you got the response you got.

Posting And You...
THIS IS NOT an attack on Moderators , this is issue with responding members .

@Blantonl Please see what is going on in your creation sir and how people like me feel we have to not post and cowar down

@jonWienke Who knows to Search like this "sds100 mobile version announcement site:forums.radioreference.com" ?

Yes this Thread was Created because of Jonweinke i seem to get a lot of negative responses from you
SO Im going to ask Jon PLEASE if you see my post please skip , you're not the RR police. Im tired of your responses . when i joined RadioReference and starting paying my sub fee 14yrs ago Radioreference was a Friendlier place.

MY other thread was shut down because the moderator probably knows I've had enough of you Jonweinke

We All should Equal use of this forum , I pay sub fees and I break no major Rules

Quote @jonwienke "He will announce it if it exists and is ready. Not because you made the 553rd post asking the same question."

In my opinion this is harassment.. this was Titled and directed to UPMan he's a grown man let him answer for himself

Last edited:

JLM7424

I would like to Suggest to @Blantonl and Moderators We the Community need a place a Thread
To voice the mood around here and take up issues with stuff like this . I couldn't find a direct spot for this
Blantonl did not create Radioreference for a select few , correct me if I'm wrong .

Unfortunately, sometimes when you toss a suggestion in or surmise something, you get attacked. I gave up answering questions. I rarely ask questions because I get tired of being told Google is your friend or look in a thread that has almost 100 pages.

DJ11DLN

Rather than "angry," perhaps the moderators are "exasperated."

This. Several years ago I was asked to moderate on a board. When the board shut down 3 years later I was immensely relieved and swore, never again. People can be extremely petulant and selfish and it only takes a few of these to ruin a board...only one can ruin a thread. And they all think they're being picked on when the mod averts an argument or prevents things getting cluttered up with redundant questions/info by shutting a thread down.

I have nothing but respect for the people who do those jobs here. An extremely thick skin and hard common sense are prerequisites for a moderator, and from what I've seen, ours have both. There are rules, and those rules are there for a reason. If anyone doesn't like those rules, they're free to leave...they're free to start their own forum with their own rules, for that matter.

JLM7424

This. Several years ago I was asked to moderate on a board. When the board shut down 3 years later I was immensely relieved and swore, never again. People can be extremely petulant and selfish and it only takes a few of these to ruin a board...only one can ruin a thread. And they all think they're being picked on when the mod averts an argument or prevents things getting cluttered up with redundant questions/info by shutting a thread down.

I have nothing but respect for the people who do those jobs here. An extremely thick skin and hard common sense are prerequisites for a moderator, and from what I've seen, ours have both. There are rules, and those rules are there for a reason. If anyone doesn't like those rules, they're free to leave...they're free to start their own forum with their own rules, for that matter.
I agree with you Sir the Moderators do a wonderful job here and this is No issue with moderators
it is about posters responding .

Status
Not open for further replies.