• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

PLEASE! Need Help Monitoring Cabarrus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please tell me how to program and monitor Cabarrus CO. Sheriffs Dept and Concord PD on my Uniden HP1? Thank You!

I'm over in Mecklenburg but I can tell you that Concord PD has now joined the Char-Meck 2D0 system from the Cabarrus Simulcast site. If I recall, the talkgroups do not roam across counties, so you will not hear Cabarrus talkgroups from Mecklenburg Simulcast and vice versa.

I have the Concord PD talkgroups programmed from Char-Meck's system, and I see there are talkgroups listed in the database for Cabarrus Sheriff, Charlotte / Mecklenburg County (Project 25) Trunking System, Charlotte, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies.

I have monitored Concord PD from Concord Mills, but I actually dont have the Cabarrus Sheriff talk groups added to my PSR-800 yet. Next time I'm up at the mall, I'll give it a spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.