• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Please think twice before spending another dime in Starbucks

jjbond

Premium Subscriber
I'm not a political person, and this is not a political post, but as someone who's worn a badge, can you please think twice before encouraging this behaviour by frequenting where those who lay their life on the line to protect us each day are treated like dirt. I stopped spending my money there back when they imposed mandatory PC training on their staff who did nothing wrong but this crosses so many lines.

wtp

and don't forget to mention it to your friends...
the company did send out an apology, but it is the fact that it happened at all is not good.

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
but this crosses so many lines.
So many lines, huh? Such as?

First of all, this minor incident was precipitated by a customer who complained to the staff that they felt unsafe or uneasy or whatever "triggered" BS. The employee did not take it upon themselves to ask the cops to leave. Perhaps the employee could've told the customer to pound salt. Perhaps the cops could've been more understanding of the position the employee was in, after all they deal with the oft-irrational public themselves. I'm not sure that it was necessary for their association to publicly shame Starbucks on social media, including the posting of a childish modification of the Starbucks logo.

I've been in similar situations where the public has felt uneasy or uncomfortable by the presence of uniforms and/or a concentrated group of MOS. If an employee had come to me with a citizen's concern, the last thing on my mind would be to lash out at the establishment, much less publicly call for a boycott of them.

Drink Starbucks or don't drink Starbucks, doesn't matter to me. If I've had that overpriced crap a dozen times in my entire life, that would probably be a slight overestimation of the actual number. But please, enough of this "cancel everyone/everything!" knee jerk reactive society simply because we all have the need to be offended by something.

Seems like everyone is a snowflake/victim these days, huh? :rolleyes:

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
Friends don't let friend go to Starbucks regardless. I'm curious why anyone goes to Starbucks? Aren't snowflakes worried about melting around all that hot coffee? :ROFLMAO:

trentbob

Jen, I have been boycotting Starbucks for a long time, wouldn't go near the place.

Philadelphia police officers won't go near Starbucks either. If they get any calls for a disturbance or vagrant or unwanted subject they are very careful with their response.

I stopped going there when Howard Schultz was the CEO, he is now of course a board member. He is the founder. During the refugee crisis with Syria he said that he would no longer hire white Americans and the next 5000 jobs would go to refugees only.

That's when I decided, no more of their lousy bitter coffee for me.

It's awful to hear what happened in Arizona. I'll spread the word.

CrabbyMilton

Years ago a lady friend got me interested in STARBUCKS. I would just buy the ground versions but have long since gone back to MAXWELL HOUSE and FOLGERS and that way I have great coffee for a few tons of money less. Couldn't complain about the product itself but their liberal snotty behavior is fairly self evident. I'll relay a incident I did have with them a few years back. One morning I forgot my thermos so I stopped at STARBUCKS to get some coffee. I like my coffee black. The person asked if I wanted room. What? Do you want room? I don't know what she was talking about. Finally, she said rather snot like would you like cream or sugar. How was I supposed to know what the hell she was saying? Then the huge cup had a hole in the top that I had to keep my finger on it to keep it from spilling on my car seat..ouch.
So while boycotts are really not my thing being that I just cited my reasons to avoid STARBUCKS, this overall disrespect for police officers would cause me to say it's fine with me if people don't want to patronize STARBUCKS. Or, show up with your "BACK THE BADGE" apparel.

trentbob

It does seem like Starbucks has drawn the line time and time again to be on the far left side.

Despite what the fake financial news says I take great satisfaction in seeing them get their a** kicked in China.

Knock-off Starbucks storefronts have opened up all over China with similar names.

Because China is a Communist dictatorship with heavily censored news with a strong propaganda machine there is a great sense of nationalism.

The boycott of Starbucks is stronger than ever in China which is now their next major Market. You reap what you sow.

GTR8000

Well Known Member
Database Admin
If you need it explained, you're part of the problem, and not worth my time explaining it to.
You're quite the unpleasant person. Perhaps you ought to take some of your own advice that you so freely give out to everyone else when you get up on that soapbox of yours.

jjbond

Premium Subscriber
You're quite the unpleasant person.
When appropriate, absolutely.... constantly having to see an avatar based on talk of anal orifices is MUCH more pleasant than anything I have to offer... look in the mirror before talking about how pleasent "I" am.

(note, I did not doctor this photo, Mr. "You're So Unpleasant" above, chooses to use this as his avatar http://cher-homespun.blogspot.com/2012/02/blow-it-out-your-bunghole.html while preaching to me about my pleasentness)...

Let it end cornholio, you're outmatched and your statements nor avatar aren't representative (I'd hope) of a moderator here.

Note: I am not being rude to him, the avatar he chose, is based on a character called Cornholio... see video below, yup, I'm much more unpleasant.

f0eee6aa2dc0e61102abb330579d8aa3.jpg

Last edited:

jjbond

Premium Subscriber
It does seem like Starbucks has drawn the line time and time again to be on the far left side.

Despite what the fake financial news says I take great satisfaction in seeing them get their a** kicked in China.

Knock-off Starbucks storefronts have opened up all over China with similar names.

Because China is a Communist dictatorship with heavily censored news with a strong propaganda machine there is a great sense of nationalism.

The boycott of Starbucks is stronger than ever in China which is now their next major Market. You reap what you sow.
Yup.... sure do... we seem to be missing a like button on this thead but "virtual like"

trentbob

Welcome to the political forums Jen, even though this is in rants. Yes, yesterday we lost the ability to like each other in the tavern. I have my opinion as to why but I will keep that to myself.

I find that keeping decorum and trying your best to not trigger people with emotion or in some cases outright slander is the best approach to an effective exchange of ideas. I really do try.
Djmm.jpg