PM Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I see the message tracking under the control panel but it does not seem to be tracking anything. I only have one message listed in it and that was clear back in Jan. It would be nice to see this feature up and running again. I would like to see this without the message confirmation box popping up everytime we send and receive PM's like it used to do.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Dwayne,

Actually it works just like it did in January. What is different is the default is not to request a confirmation whereas it used to default to the request, hence the pop-up. If you actively request the receipt/monitoring there is no need for the pop-up. However, remember, just because you request a receipt, does not mean that one will be issued. The receiver can always cancel the receipt, just like email.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Thanks Lou, I didn't scroll down far enough to see the box for it. Now the problem is still there if they don't want to confirm that they read it. This is the only forum that I know of that uses this method to track messages and I would just like to see it automatically track them like most other forums. I guess its just a small feature request now.

Speaking of small requests, I am still looking for the link at the bottom of each subject that takes you back to the forum you are in that went missing since we started using this new forum. I brought this up many moons ago and I guess it was forgotten about. I know its a quick and easy fix ;)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Well, yes it is a problem about the confirmations, and it would be useful, especially for us Admins/Mods when attempting to contact a user... However, I must admit that although I generally let the confirmations go here on PM, it is a policy of mine to never allow a confirmation email to be sent from my email address.

As for the link at the bottom of the page to return to the current forum, I too would like to see it, as a matter of fact, it has been a standing request of mine since it disappeared; it was a request of mine that got it there in the first place long long ago, but I understand that Lindsay has bigger fish to fry at the moment so I just use the <Home> key to get me back to the link at the top of the page for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.