• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.
  • Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

POFUNG GT-5 transmitting issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill

Premium Subscriber
I have a few POFUNG GT-5 radios and the newer one stopped being able to hit any repeaters. I am only few miles from the local ham radio repeater and can't access the 2M or 440 repeaters at this site. I tried to re-program using the Chrip software. I also tried by entering the information in the VFO mode. Locally it can be received and transmits to another radio in the area. I also checked the tone with a scanner and it seams to be working alright. I can't find any information on how to do a hard reset on the radio.

Going forward I am at loss what is wrong with this radio, but I guess it might be off frequency or something wrong with the FM deviation.

Thanks in advanced for help fixing this issue.

nd5y

Can you hit the repeaters with other radios? Are you sure it isn't a repeater problem?
Do you have a wattmeter and frequency counter?
If the radio is set to narrow you should still be able to work a wideband ham repeater. Your audio will just be low.
Did you look at the menus for the reset menu? It's probably menu 40. The reset menu in the radio doesn't reset everthing.
Did you load a Chirp image into it from another radio that has a different firmware version? If you did that then you could have messed it up and need to reload the original factory image to fix it.
When you bought the new radio did you immediately download the image with Chirp and save it so you can restore the radio in the future?

hill

Premium Subscriber
I worked before something must have changed in the radio.

The repeaters are working I can access them with all my radios.

The reset didn't work.

I always save what in radio before I reprogram them.

I do have a watt meter, but don't know if have adapters to hook the radio up.

I will have to take the radio to the local ham club meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.