Pokagon Tribal Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

garryd451

Pokagon, Michigan, half way between Niles and Dowa
Anyone know the frequency for the Pokagon Tribal Police, their headquarters are on M-51, south of Dowagaic in Cass County. I already checked the Radio Reference Data Base for Cass County. The Pokagon Tribal Police is not listed on the Data Base. The Pokagon Tribal Police are deputized both in Berrien County and Cass County. I appreciate any help anyone can provide!

Thank You.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
They currently operate on the MPSCS. In the past, they were on VHF-High band, and their radios also carried Cass County's channels. In earlier years, they were on VHF-Low band with both Berrien and Cass Counties, but carried two radios, one for 37 MHz, and the other for 39 MHz.

73's

Ron

garryd451

Pokagon, Michigan, half way between Niles and Dowa
Thank You!!!!!

Cass County has MPSCS at their dispatch to monitor and communicate with the State Police, so this must be how the Tribal Police communicate with Cass County.

I know from reading news articles in the news papers and also watching the TV news anytime something happens where Cass County, Dowagaic and/or Niles Police needs mutual aid, the Tribal Police are there. I was just wondering how they communicate, now You have anwer my question.

The last I knew Cass Country Patrol cars, Dowagaic Patrol cars and Niles Patrol cars, did not pick up MPSCS but their dispatches do.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.