Police Call CD-rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

dune614

Ok, so I'm new to scanning and I recently ordered the scanner master book prior to finding this site and the Police Call 6th edition CD rom. I'm stuck with the software, but it keeps asking for the words at the end of the pages 5,6 or 9 so far. I've tried exploring the entire CD and can't find it, someone please help! I know theres question as to if you can buy the CD without the book, so here is the URL:

http://www.scannermaster.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=01-521041

BTW, Radioshack no longer carries Police Call and I've had no luck finding it at my local library. Please help me!

jas24

Page 5
REMOVED
Page 6
REMOVED
Page 9
REMOVED

These are the last sentences on the pages. You may only need to enter just the last word.

[Moderator Edit: Do not publish copyrighted material on this site.]

Last edited by a moderator:

mciupa

Database Admin
It's only $14.95 @ scannermaster.

Too late , someone already divulged copy-righted info :roll:

Last edited:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
mciupa said:
It's only $14.95 @ scannermaster.

Too late , someone already divulged copy-righted info :roll:

But the CD that he paid for should have came with the info to unlock it. Without that info it would have been a waste of money.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
jas24 said:
This should just be removed, someone spends time making something that is copy righted, then some folks think its some kind of freeware, well its not. Its just plan braking the LAW,

[Modereator Edit: If you see a problem with copyrighted material, your quoting it is just as bad as the original poster.]

Last edited by a moderator:

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I am not some kind of INTERNET cop or anything like it but I have a few items copy righted, and it is just how I get paid, most people like to get paid for something they do. when they don't they volunteer for something, or love writing software that is freeware and I just don't believe that police call is freeware so stop giving out the last word of some page of some book that they don't own.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
lowboy654 said:
I am not some kind of INTERNET cop or anything like it but I have a few items copy righted, and it is just how I get paid, most people like to get paid for something they do. when they don't they volunteer for something, or love writing software that is freeware and I just don't believe that police call is freeware so stop giving out the last word of some page of some book that they don't own.
Oh I was under the understanding that the book was no longer in print. Still though, they should include the key to unlock the CD if the book does not come with it. IMO that is pretty lame of scannermaster to be selling the cd without stating that the book is needed to unlock the cd.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Dubbin said:
Oh I was under the understanding that the book was no longer in print. Still though, they should include the key to unlock the CD if the book does not come with it. IMO that is pretty lame of scannermaster to be selling the cd without stating that the book is needed to unlock the cd.
yup with out the book the cd would be of no use

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Just read scanner master web site and they are selling the book with the CD included, so i don't know what he is talking about but the book comes with the CD, there are sites that you can down load the CD but not the book as far as i know, and my thoughts on this are who need s police call when we already have this great web site.

Last edited:

Dubbin

Feed Provider
lowboy654 said:
your right i did not click on his link i went to scanner master typed in police call and got this link i guessed he should have paid a few $$$$ MORE,

How is he to know when THEY DON"T TELL YOU THAT YOU NEED THE BOOK?

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I don't understand how they could sell the CD with out the book i have bought every police call book from about the mid 80's, you just can not use the CD with out the book shame on scanner master.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Well I guess he got the password that he needed so good for him i would guess that scanner master needs to get there act together

Dubbin

Feed Provider
lowboy654 said:
Well I guess he got the password that he needed so good for him i would guess that scanner master needs to get there act together

Well either you got tired of arguing with me or I made you see the light :)

STiMULi

I am sure some copyright lawyer is right on top right now of this and thread is going into record. RR has been subpoenaed for the user information.

The civil court procedings have already started and the first thing the judge hears is...

"Your honor he was merely quoting a passage from a book and he gave reference to the origination of the information"

DISMISSED...

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Dubbin said:
Well either you got tired of arguing with me or I made you see the light :)
I have seen the light i should have clicked on his link, my bad and scanner master is very bad on this matter.

dune614

Sorry

Sorry guys, I didn't meant to kick the hornets nest in the group, I was just a little stuck and didn't know where else to turn. I'm a recent graduate with a BA in Criminal Justice and from what I know of Civil law, I didn't violate any copyright infringement since I owned a license to the CD. I did kind of cheap out when I bought the book, but its because A.) I didn't know about this website B.) I'm a broke college grad C.) I've heard mixed things about police call and figured the CD-rom was worth a look instead. Thank you all who helped me out. I look forward to spending more time in this group.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Scanner Master is the problem in this instance. They should not be selling something that is supposed to only come with the book.

In any case I have edited out the copyright material and hopefully in the future, people will consider before supplying such information.

Status
Not open for further replies.