Police chief gives towing company encrypted radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
You dismissed my mention of a user agreement, but I am sure there is one and with encrypted talkgroups, there has to be a security policy in that agreement that prohibits or severely restricts giving access to third parties. .

You stated "I am sure" .....Ok, show us the "user agreement".

Then show up applicable Georgia code section that states the Chief violating this alleged "user agreement" is illegal.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
You stated "I am sure" .....Ok, show us the "user agreement".

Then show up applicable Georgia code section that states the Chief violating this alleged "user agreement" is illegal.

I have a call in to see if I can get a copy, without a FOIA request. As far as the illegal, I never said violating it was illegal so please do not put words in my mouth, but if I was a user of the system that had an encyrpted talkgroup compromised (actual or perceived,) I would be demanding that they be removed from the system. The GBI is investigating a possible crime in this case, and they will decide if "Theft by Conversion" applies after said investigation, not me

This is turning into one of those legendary threads on RR that lives on for years with no resolution..
What a waste of bandwidth!

Like Kevin says, "Legal Advice" - NOT!

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Wow, are y'all that sensitive, that ya can't handle a debate? One completely related to two way radio systems, on a forum, that deals with communications equipment and the like?

What is there to "put to a stop"? Don't like it, don't read it. Called "Personal responsibility"

mule1075

Feed Provider
Wow, are y'all that sensitive, that ya can't handle a debate? One completely related to two way radio systems, on a forum, that deals with communications equipment and the like?

What is there to "put to a stop"? Don't like it, don't read it. Called "Personal responsibility"
The debate went away with the dodo.Bottom line the article is vague and some do not understand the wording of said article. Really none of us are sensitive at all and we can handle a debate quite well. Take it how you would like but in my opinion the article is poorly written no more no less it just depends on how you read it. I read it as the police chief gave a radio to a towing company and that said radio is on a system that is encrypted and the person that wrote the article put the word unencrypted in said article because they did not know any better. Just my take on it but really the thread is now over blown and long as is this my reply.

nyscan

Kinda hard to confirm encrypted talkgroups if they were never in the clear.
Where are all the Varnell radio buffs spending hours to do exactly that? There are plenty of systems in the RR DB with encrypted TG's that were never in the clear but are well defined. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.