Police/Fire Monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

hz36t5

Premium Subscriber
Can someone please help me? I used to have a Pro-106 that I used for years to monitor both Riverside Ohio and Beavercreek Ohio ploice and fire. Recently All In was getting was Beavercreek (but only sporadic and garbled). I went out and look and it appears that both Montgomery and Green counties have switched to Ohio Marcs IP system. Since the Pro-106 didnt support this system, I purchased a new scanner (used but new to me). It is the Uniden Bearcat BDC396XT. I am using the FreeSCAN software to attempt to program in Dayton Fire/Police, Riverside Fire/police (Both Montgomery County), and Beavercreek Fire/Police (Greene County). I have no idea what options to set up/use in freescan. Attached is the current config that I have but it doesnt seem to be working. Can someone take a quick look, compare it to what radioReference shows, and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Test.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 24

hz36t5

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

Would it possible for you to program and example Dayton Fire/Police (either using FreeSCAN or ARC500) and send it to me? I cannot figure out why its not working for me. Sad to know that I didnt need to buy a new scanner.

I have a current subscription to Radioreference.

hz36t5

Premium Subscriber
Would it possible for you to program and example Dayton Fire/Police (either using FreeSCAN or ARC500) and send it to me? I cannot figure out why its not working for me.

I have a current subscription to Radioreference.

n4yek

I looked at your file, I do not live in your area so I can ONLY give advice.

1) The Montgomery county looks ok, but there are two sites listed in the database, one is Dayton which you have in your program and the other is for Montgomery county which you do NOT have in your program. They might actually be using that system and possibly the reason you are not receiving much at all.

2) The Greene county part might have a problem. You have the MARCS system set as an EDACS system and looking in the database, there isn't an EDACS system listed, only P25.

Also Uniden is bad with simulcast distortion and that could also be a contributing factor of bad reception.

Last edited:

teufler

File

you forgot to set quick keys, As far as the scanner i concerned, nothing is in the scanner to scan. No big deal, rookie mistake as several including myself have forgot to set quick keys. in the future, you go to
CTRL K then auto select after you set quick keys in the systems.,With the sytstem lighlighted, on the right you see a tab for quick key and a black arrow. Click and you will be assigned a quick key. Do that for each system, then do as Ctrl K and autoselect. Then save file and load to the scanner. I have sdone thi on your file, named testmodified.996

Attachments

• Testmodified.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 13

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The "Dayton" site is the state site used for OSHP, Corrections, DNR, ODOT etc.

You will need the "Montgomery County" Site for City of Dayton, Montgomery County, and suburban agencies. This is also a Simulcast site so you will have simulcast distortion issues.

Greene County is MARCS-IP and is P-25 not EDACS.

More information is available in the links below:

http://forums.radioreference.com/oh...omery-county-dayton-switch-over-marcs-ip.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/oh...s-ip-new-marcs-site-talkgroup-discussion.html

Simulcast Digital Distortion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.