Police Impersonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Adams County: I-70 MM-301 felony stop underway of a poss police impersonator vehicle with Calf plates that was pulling folks over in eastern colo, Adams, Arap and CSP all enroute. O/F DTRS, Online

Jim<

Last edited:

RISC777

Someone actually let a California tagged vehicle of any type or kind get them to stop? Or is this some idiot attempting to do this? First thing I do is look at the plate(s) of any car that looks like it might be LEO, with or without antennas, light bars, etc. visible.

*sheesh, here we go again with the looneys*

cstockmyer

RISC777 said:
Someone actually let a California tagged vehicle of any type or kind get them to stop? Or is this some idiot attempting to do this? First thing I do is look at the plate(s) of any car that looks like it might be LEO, with or without antennas, light bars, etc. visible.

When I was an explorer..our undercover cars had out of state plates, this was way back when, but I remember seeing them.

dcg729

I remember Lexington having a Colorado tag

on one of its narc cars, I hope they get this guy, he makes it harder and more dangerous for the real thing, Interesting off topic comment, we recently had a drug ring busted here in KY and they were using Xcop cars on the thought perhaps that they would not be stopped., did not work out that way..

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
RISC777 said:

Just curious... if a car is on your tail and it's got red flashing lights (or whatever) how can you possibly see the license plate? Kinda hard to blame the victims...

RISC777

Quote:
Originally Posted by RISC777

firescannerbob said:
Just curious... if a car is on your tail and it's got red flashing lights (or whatever) how can you possibly see the license plate? Kinda hard to blame the victims...

In that situation, what you say is true. Not too easy to see a tag in a mirror. The tags can be a give away. But at the same time, they have a "feel" for them, know what I mean? Such as if you're approaching a vehicle you're looking for movement, getting a 'feel' for the occupant(s), etc.

But I don't disagree with you in any respect to finding any way to blame the victims.

`Doug

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
With so many different vehicle types and fleets being used as PS vehicles it would be easy to see how this can happen. Especially if some areas have unmarked or unschemed vehicles that do routine patrol / traffic stops. People are just trained to pull over once they see the lights come on, they probably don't even realize to look for things like the tags, etc because they're under so much stress and panic striken from the inital stop to even think of these things.

RISC777

I guess for those of us that have current licenses, tags, insurance, no burned out lights, etc., and stay less than 5 over the posted speed limit we don't worry too much about being stopped. Just gotta watch those suburban stop signs hidden behind bush and tree foliage!

eyes00only

I remember back in the 60's when Denver's 'undercover' cars would purposely have a bulb out of a parking light. If you are ever in doubt, pull into a well lit area, call 911 on your cell, or wait for the stopsticks ;) .

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.