Police Scanner for Eastern Cuyahoga County

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildRover

Hello All! New guy here with a question regarding police scanners. Thank you in advance for any advice you provide.... I am looking to purchase a handheld police scanner as a birthday gift in the next day or two. Can anyone tell me what type of handheld scanner works best for my area (Eastern Cuyahoga County)? I'm not sure if I can get away with an analog trunking system, or if I need to pony up the $ for a Digital Trunking scanner.

Thanks Again!

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Hello All! New guy here with a question regarding police scanners. Thank you in advance for any advice you provide.... I am looking to purchase a handheld police scanner as a birthday gift in the next day or two. Can anyone tell me what type of handheld scanner works best for my area (Eastern Cuyahoga County)? I'm not sure if I can get away with an analog trunking system, or if I need to pony up the $ for a Digital Trunking scanner.

You'll need to pony up for digital. Between the Cleveland P25 system and Ohio MARCS-IP (including Lake and Geauga counties), many of the eastern area agencies are preparing to migrate to digital if they haven't already.

One of the new Uniden scanners coming out would be recommended, as they combine many of the features of traditional scanners and the HomePatrol models, and include the digital modulation mode (P25 Phase II) likely to be used a few years into the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.