Polk County P25 VS the old trunked? Missing talkgroups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1041

Premium Subscriber
I was browsing the Polk County database and noticed a lot of Talkgroups are missing from the new P25 system when directly compared to the old trunked system.....

Polk County Public Safety Trunking System, Polk County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

For example the above shows aviation and other TG's for the sheriff's department, but the below on the P25 is lacking those?

Polk County (Project 25) Public Safety System Trunking System, Bartow, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Have I overlooked something?

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
They probably got rid of talk groups that they never used on the old system and did some reorganization. I don't see why aviation would need their own talkgroup anyway.Changes in talk group assignments like this are to be expected when launching a new system.

Another reason why RR needs to get rid of old data...

mk262

Premium Subscriber
They probably got rid of talk groups that they never used on the old system and did some reorganization. I don't see why aviation would need their own talkgroup anyway.Changes in talk group assignments like this are to be expected when launching a new system.

Someone has to submit it, of course. That's a hard call sometimes because some talk groups are quiet for very long stretches.

Alex1041

Premium Subscriber

Ah I see.

I agree, there is a LOT of old stuff to filter through........ .

Alex1041

Premium Subscriber
I can't compare them but I often get garbled sounding transmissions on my 396xt.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
For those who monitor this system do you think the old system sounded better?

The new system blows the old system out of the water as long as you park next to a tower and stay there. Coverage was much better with the analog system and rice krispies were at a minimum. Now there are no rice krispies - you just lose signal completely.

To quote a Polk deputy - "It sounds like they're dispatching us from a diving bell on the bottom of the ocean."

Also, the 10-33 tone was referred to as a signal 7 cat.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Someone has to submit it, of course. That's a hard call sometimes because some talk groups are quiet for very long stretches.

Not a hard call for the old system because it's effectively dead as far as we're concerned. "As of August 2, 2010 system is now used strictly for SCADA."

FLA2760

The new system blows the old system out of the water as long as you park next to a tower and stay there. Coverage was much better with the analog system and rice krispies were at a minimum. Now there are no rice krispies - you just lose signal completely.

To quote a Polk deputy - "It sounds like they're dispatching us from a diving bell on the bottom of the ocean."

Also, the 10-33 tone was referred to as a signal 7 cat.

That is awful.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
i love the new polk county system the old one was spotty at best from my job location in davenport, now every user might have a different view & different results scanning this system but now i get full signal from the same location crystal clear audio on my 106 i can even pick this system up from clermont which i could never do with the old system

Status
Not open for further replies.