Polk EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeBeCinYa

I’ve noticed of late that I get next to no communication from Polk county EMS or fire. Not that they were ever busy but I can’t recall last time I heard a tone for call. Did they switch frequencies? My download is prob a year or two old from database.

televiper75

Premium Subscriber
No changes in their frequencies - still using the main dispatch freq (154.965) for all Fire/EMS/Rescue calls...they use the VTAC freq as OPS. The signal quality and range is the only thing that has changed I believe.

WeBeCinYa

I rarely get any transmission on the EMS channel you noted. I live in the far eastern side of Polk County, and used to hear traffic regularly. What you mean about range and signal quality change?

WeBeCinYa

The farther I get away from Columbus/Tryon Peak - it seems to get weaker

Well something happened, I hear nothing all day yesterday from where I sit still in the city limits of Tryon. Either the signal or my 436 has an issue. I used to pick up EMS calls all day. I can pick up Spartanburg no issue, makes no sense.

WeBeCinYa

Now I know there is something up, I am listening and got a tone for EMS call, it was on the Sheriff dispatch channel, 151.1300. The tone page went out, then the call on sheriff channel.

This is the first EMS call I have heard in a very long time. Anyone else experiencing this?

On another note, the sheriff communications have been terrible lately, static and transmissions are not understood by dispatchers from units. They continually say sorry, repeat too much static.

WeBeCinYa

Figured it out. Didn’t have service types “multi-tac” set to on. Good to go now.

Status
Not open for further replies.