• Keypad ink / labels wearing off

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Display / backlight problems

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Buggy firmware

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Battery & charger issues

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Loose connections (SMA, earphone jack)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Software & DMR/NXDN/ProVoice Upgrade flaws

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Improper digital decode

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • SD card corruption / scanner freezing up

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Windows drivers issues

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

The usual pattern over the years with new product offerings is, everyone's excited, oh gotta have it, can't wait. Right? But then we start getting the first units and there's bugs. So if the SDS100 ends up having a "repair campaign", what do you think will be the most likely reason?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have simulcast in my area, and due to a good location, I could do a video on three different scanners that would convince most people the problems were solved. Having been in the computer field for over 40 years, I know that you rarely see a new product introduced with a worse case situation demo.

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
the 536HP have a serious problem with the rotary selection knob skipping, ive sent one scanner in 3 times for it since 2015, and its failed again....now i just deal with it until something else fails on the scanner then ill get multiple items fixed for one price.

N8IAA

The usual pattern over the years with new product offerings is, everyone's excited, oh gotta have it, can't wait. Right? But then we start getting the first units and there's bugs. So if the SDS100 ends up having a "repair campaign", what do you think will be the most likely reason?

You needed to allow for multiple answers for your poll.
Just saying.
Larry

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Based on the video evidence so far, you need to put your money where your mouth is.

Based on the video evidence P25 simulcast still sounds too garbled. I won't buy an SDS100 unless they can make P25 simulcast sound just as absolutely crystal clear as non-LSM . Going from really bad to just bad still sucks.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I predict it may or may not have issues. Hopefully I'm right.

Last edited:

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Certain it will be the worst scanner ever because it does not make pizza in less than 5 minutes, or have the features one or three users post over and over and over again as: CRITICAL FLAWZ!!1!!1!!!

scannersnstuff

I asked this question, and was told - hand programmable, but why would you want to ?. Enlightenment please ? .

CanesFan95

You needed to allow for multiple answers for your poll.
Just saying.
Larry

It has a limit of 10. Otherwise, other options might have have included:

- Speaker / audio problems
- Internal component failure (capacitors, date/time battery)
- NONE. The radio will work flawless on day 1!

Ubbe

the 536HP have a serious problem with the rotary selection knob skipping

I have the same problem after 18 months of use. Have you tried taking the cover off and spray with contact cleaner, like De-Oxit? Every computer controlled scanner have a debounce function done in software and could be more or less intelligent done, regarding how much to filter and how much slower a switch will function. Maybe the rotary knob needs more filtering to overcome a quality problem with its mechanics.

/Ubbe

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber
Based on the video evidence P25 simulcast still sounds too garbled. I won't buy an SDS100 unless they can make P25 simulcast sound just as absolutely crystal clear as non-LSM . Going from really bad to just bad still sucks.

Thank you and good night.

ButchGone

Well the SDS 100 isn’t even released yet and some folks need to start yet another thread bi—-ing and complaining about some imaginary issues. Look, everyone is well familiar with how much you hate Uniden. So just buy another brand or move on to another way to occupy your time, please!
BG..

Status
Not open for further replies.