Pomona PD Units?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlanfn

California Database Admin
I've been monitoring Pomona PD for some time now and I wondered if anyone knows what the unit designations stand for. I can't find them anywhere else.

The general format, like many pd's, is [A-Z]-[0-9][0-9]. The following are [A-Z] characters that I have heard and my guesses as to what they mean...

Air-01 = Helicopter
A = One-man patrol unit
B =
D = Detective
E = Two-man patrol unit
G =
H =
J = School resource officer (SRO)
K =
K9 = K9
L = Lieutenant
M = Motorcycle traffic officer
N = Narcotics enforcement officer
S = Sergeant
X =
Z =

On a related note, here are some of the unit designators I have heard on Cal Poly Pomona PD's dispatch. I haven't seen these anywhere online so I thought I'd put them up:

1XX = Community service officer
A = Extra patrol officer (volunteer?)
C-1 = Chief
I = Investigator
L = Lieutenant
P = Patrol officer
S = Sergeant
T = Parking officer
V = ?

icis_monitor

I have listend to ICIS for a long time now and pomona was always a channel that i didn't want to have in the unit because it was enc all the time. i put them back in and now they are not why do they do it some times and not others???

jlanfn said:
I've been monitoring Pomona PD for some time now and I wondered if anyone knows what the unit designations stand for. I can't find them anywhere else.

The general format, like many pd's, is [A-Z]-[0-9][0-9]. The following are [A-Z] characters that I have heard and my guesses as to what they mean...

Air-01 = Helicopter
A = One-man patrol unit
B =
D = Detective
E = Two-man patrol unit
G =
H =
J = School resource officer (SRO)
K =
K9 = K9
L = Lieutenant
M = Motorcycle traffic officer
N = Narcotics enforcement officer
S = Sergeant
X =
Z =

On a related note, here are some of the unit designators I have heard on Cal Poly Pomona PD's dispatch. I haven't seen these anywhere online so I thought I'd put them up:

1XX = Community service officer
A = Extra patrol officer (volunteer?)
C-1 = Chief
I = Investigator
L = Lieutenant
P = Patrol officer
S = Sergeant
T = Parking officer
V = ?

acurtis44

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing those plus alot of B, G, H, K ,T10's, and J10's lately. I'm pretty sure those guys have 15+ radio cars on patrol. I haven't heard the encryption on their Dispatch *BLUE-1* (TG 37680). I think their Orange, and Brown channels are encrypted all the time. Are you also using both hi and lo frequencies and settings?

jlanfn

California Database Admin
I've been hearing those plus alot of B, G, H, K ,T10's, and J10's lately.
I'm pretty sure that H units are accident response/accident investigation units and T units would be traffic officers. As far as B, E, G, K, and X units, I have no idea.

I'm pretty sure those guys have 15+ radio cars on patrol.
Quite possibly. Once when there was an officer involved shooting with Ontario PD, I heard over 10 Pomona units say they were in route to assist. If they could spare 10 units, they must have had several more units to cover their own city.

Are you also using both hi and lo frequencies and settings?
I assume you are referring to the custom trunking tables. Here's how my custom tables are set up:

Code:
             01      02
Lo Chan       380     581
Hi Chan       580     759
Offset        380     581
Base Freq  469.05  482.05
Step         12.5    12.5

acurtis44

Premium Subscriber
Your right about the H units, they are traffic aides I believe. You table is set up perfect... where are you trying to monitor from? I had that problem when I was out of range. I can send u a file if u want

Status
Not open for further replies.