Pompano: Amtrak train strikes auto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Amtrak train P098 has struck an auto on the tracks at Atlantic Blvd in Pompano Beach.

One fatality, one walking wounded, searching for child thrown from vehicle. All train traffic shut down on CSX line, including Tri-Rail while they work the scene and investigate, likely 3-4 hours.

Operations on Pompano fire tactical channel C (36272 decimal) and BSO district 11 area 2 (33584 decimal).

All this because somebody couldn't wait 25 seconds for a short, high speed passenger train to pass.

rains911

well...someone might of had to wait tfor an amtrak, but that track has had consturction lately with 1 open lane.....most likely, traffic got backed up and someone stuck on the tracks

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
rains911 said:
well...someone might of had to wait tfor an amtrak, but that track has had consturction lately with 1 open lane.....most likely, traffic got backed up and someone stuck on the tracks

The construction was the complete replacement of the tracks at the grade crossing of Cypress Creek Road, not Atlantic Blvd.

Even so, I must presume that if this guy was driving that he is not blind, thus he can see that there is nowhere to go on the other side of the tracks. The gates came down, the warning lights were working, the train sounded its warning horn. What more did this moron need to warn him of the impending danger of being on the tracks? He doesn't have to worry about that any more, because he's dead. Darwin was right.

I leave you with this final thought -

I can tell you EXACTLY where the train will be: ON THE TRACKS! So stay off 'em!

gcr33

Bote, perhaps the train wanted to take another route less traveled!!!

rains911

i really know nothing about trains....other than to stay off the tracks when i see a train and railroad workers love to drink when not at work

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
gcr33 said:
Bote, perhaps the train wanted to take another route less traveled!!!

Yeah. That mean old train jumped off the tracks to smack the auto into the last century, then jumped back on the tracks to continue on its merry way!

Who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.