Popular 2m Simplex Frequencies in OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
What are the most popular 2m Simplex frequencies used in Oregon, specifically Northeast OR?

I am looking for an "open" 2m simplex frequency to operate my EchoLink node. I am trying to prevent my node from being setup on a popular frequency used by other HAMs in the area.

Please share the 2m Simplex Frequencies that are popular or you know are used.

Thanks for your help!

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Does your state have a frequency coordinator? If so, that would be the place to start. Their job is to help avoid conflicts. It is a voluntary position, so it may take a little time to get a response.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I don't live in Oregon, but I do pass through there frequently.

What I can add….
The ARRL repeater book had recommended channel spacing for the 2 meter band at one point. Been years since I bought a new one…
Anywho, make sure if you set one up you keep the channel spacing in line with what everyone else uses in your area/state.
There's a echolink node somewhere in the Central Valley of California that has chosen to use different channel spacing (I know, it's a "gentlemen's agreement") and is 5KHz off the recommended channels. When we are towing our campers through the area, we usually stick on 146.415MHz. Their system is on 146.420MHz and we've heard them complaining about us "being off frequency".
Their node isn't in use, so we're not interfering. A few of the radios we have don't have VFO's so it's not easy to change on the fly.

Another slightly annoying thing about it…. They've got it sending out a CW ID every 5-10 minutes, wether it's in use or not. I understand the reason for that, staking claim to "their channel", but it gets awfully annoying to others.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Is it the frequency coordinator's responsibility to coordinate simplex frequency use?

nd5y

Is it the frequency coordinator's responsibility to coordinate simplex frequency use?
It depends on the coordinator in your state/area. In most places their only job is repeater coordination. They coordinate frequencies for repeater pairs and don't care about what happens in the rest of the band. Some include point-to-point repeater links. Some publish band plans for other uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.