Port Authority Frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gonzalu

Picked this up with Close Call on the GWB this morning...

452.3875 dcs 412

Trying to figure out what it is... Licenses show PANYNJ as a potential but not sure.

Chatter was surveillance related but unclear if it was GWB security or Police Enforcement etc.

Thank you

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
PAPD @ the GWB uses the trunked system now. What you heard might have been security,but they still use the old system for tow trucks and maint. on the bridge. I dont know of any other agencies that use that frequency.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS
HAZ-TAC

gonzalu

Thanks Mike... it has been silent since I first picked it up. I am about 1/2 mile from the bridge at work on the NY side so I should be able to pick it up if it fires up again :)

warren

THE Port Authority may use this frequency at the World Trade Center per the FCC license, with authorization for mobiles in the NYC area.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
THE Port Authority may use this frequency at the World Trade Center per the FCC license, with authorization for mobiles in the NYC area.

The PA does not use this frequency at the WTC. They use the trunked system there as well as all other PA sites. Like I said before at the GWB they still use this frequency for maint., security and tow trucks as needed.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS
HAZ-TAC

jaymatt1978

Wouldn't that frequency be 453.8000?

The PA does not use this frequency at the WTC. They use the trunked system there as well as all other PA sites. Like I said before at the GWB they still use this frequency for maint., security and tow trucks as needed.

Mike
Retired FDNY/EMS
HAZ-TAC

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

gonzalu

I know that, I was pointing out that the frequency I picked up is not the one mentioned and that one is not listed under the metro area officially.

Although I actually meant to search the FCC db not RR which is usually for confirmed frequencies :)

one11sgt

Does the PAPD still use the analog channel 453.400 for the central police desk as listed in the database?

Status
Not open for further replies.