Port of Portland UHF Freq in Clatsop Co.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
WBY432 (PORT OF PORTLAND) FCC Callsign Details

Browsing the FCC licenses for Clatsop County, I came across this interesting listing for the Port of Portland. It shows as being in Multnomah, Clackamas, Columbia, Clatsop, and Clark Counties.

458.750 FX1T w/132 watts and 3 Mob

Curious if anyone knows what this is used for? I'm guessing something to do with commercial shipping or maybe tracking ships, since the counties listed are all along the Columbia River.

DickH

WBY432 (PORT OF PORTLAND) FCC Callsign Details

Browsing the FCC licenses for Clatsop County, I came across this interesting listing for the Port of Portland. It shows as being in Multnomah, Clackamas, Columbia, Clatsop, and Clark Counties.

458.750 FX1T w/132 watts and 3 Mob

Curious if anyone knows what this is used for? I'm guessing something to do with commercial shipping or maybe tracking ships, since the counties listed are all along the Columbia River.

That link is to the RR database that has limited info. If you're really curious, search the FCC database. You will find the name, phone number and e-mail address of the project manager who applied for that license. Since it expires in February, it won't matter much.

Status
Not open for further replies.