Portable Camera Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Been seeing these for a while and have been meaning to ask. I have seen some that look like the standard message boards and a few stand alone like shown in the pic. Do these transmit video and can it be decoded?

ver-mac_ct-2430_1.png
MVIMG_20171208_114727-cropped.jpeg

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Likely they do transmit video, most likely over LTE. No you won’t be able to decode it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I do know for a fact GSM can be monitored, but it's a very complicated endeavor. It requires some hardware purchased on eBay and the Asterisk VOIP softwareamong other software that's Linux-based. But the issue with that is you need to be near your target to trick the cell into using your little cell site, and I guess with GSM, it will happily comply with your request for plain text over encryption.

So the sentence was, "no, you can't decode it." But you actually can given the skill set and funds.

Of course trhis is illegal. So it's no, you can't monitor it because it's illegal.

poltergeisty

Banned
I even know DECT 6.0 can be monitored with a HackRF SDR and I think if I can remember you can decode the encryption with rainbow tables should the DECT 6.0 signal be encrypted.

I own a DECT 6.0 phone and called the company that made it and the lady checked "their manual" and told me it was using encryption. I've always wanted to see if I can monitor my phone as a project. But it's been on the back burner.

Sent from my Drone not using hackable Tapatalk

poltergeisty

Banned
Well, we can take solace in the fact most of the U.S uses LTE except Verizon and Sprint. Unless you're stating the construction company or town uses their own frequency/s for LTE modulation with these cameras.

Sent from the ISS using my ham radio

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Well, we can take solace in the fact most of the U.S uses LTE except Verizon and Sprint. Unless you're stating the construction company or town uses their own frequency/s for LTE modulation with these cameras.

Sent from the ISS using my ham radio

May want to check that. Looks like Verizon utilizes LTE...

poltergeisty

Banned
Hmmm, last I heard through a DEFCON YouTube presentation they were CDMA. But that's been years and it's true GSM is taking over CDMA which his a shame, really when you think about the security CDMA affords.

Sent from my personal organizer using dial-up

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Hmmm, last I heard through a DEFCON YouTube presentation they were CDMA. But that's been years and it's true GSM is taking over CDMA which his a shame, really when you think about the security CDMA affords.

Sent from my personal organizer using dial-up

Here in Canada, TELUS and Bell drooped 1x 2 years ago, and are eager to dump HSPA I favour of LTE as soon as possible(voice over LTE is the hang up for them)

Status
Not open for further replies.