Portable radio scanners stores in Greater Fort Lauderdale and surburban towns

Status
Not open for further replies.

scan727

I'm looking for a portable radio scanners stores in the greater Fort Lauderdale FL area and surburban towns around Fort Lauderdale because I want a scanner for railfanning anywhere in the United States and Canada and I look for a scanner at an affordable price.

Which scanner you recommend for me for railroad frequencies in the USA and Canada ?

I hate to pay online for a scanner and I wonder if there are shops that sells directely to their stores the
type of scanner that I want ?

shadcall

The Pro 163 or 164 is a good one for rail monitoring. It is available at Radio Shack. You can go to the Radio Shack website and check for prices and do a zipcode search to see which stores has it.

thomast77

I want this kind of scanner for railfanning in US and Canada.

BC95XLT

scan727

I have this scanner and it is a very nice little scanner. It has good ears. I can hear all of the public safety frequencies in my county and two adjoining counties with the rubber duck. It is the first scanner I have purchased in about 10 years. And when I first started using it I was surprised at the range I got compared to my older scanners. They have come along way in just a short time. I now also have the bc396xt which is another excellent performer. I cannot comment on reception in the railroad band as I have never used it for that. But I am sure it will work just fine. Especially if connected to an outdoor antenna. My .02 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.