Portage Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
461.550 74.4 "power to courtyard"
461.150 94.8 "maintenance building" .. security,level2, water holding wagon?
451.950 cc1 one freq dmr trunk I'd 1

wirr

Database Admin
451.950 CC1 Biery Cheese, Plover ?
461.150 94.8 Sentry Insurance, Stevens Point
461.550 74.4 Sentry Insurance, Stevens Point

evilbrad

451.950 should be Beiry Cheese
Other two should be Sentry both sounded like maintenance type ops. I heard Some sort of mention of a water wagon? Holding tank and a cooling tower... I would have thought cooling tower would be some paper mill?

I'm looking for pager tones. I'd like to set up a minitor so I don't miss fire call outs. 1 chan wood. Other chan Port Co. I'm guessing the two chan ones support multiple times per chan,?

Should have said multiple tones per channel

463.550. 131.8, 461.550 74.4 Roundys?

461.450 94.8

Other unknown un confirmed .. 453.775 115; 461.175 073

152.300 431, 153.850 136.5;

467.925 526 "sod," shulfers landscape in Plover has uhf radios shulfers?
Jaymar and Wi Building supply also uses uhf radios and in same area

More Portage Co finds... 464.425 114.8... 463.550 94.8 , UWSP,???,451.8125 118.8

Apparently on 155.5950 and 155.670 there is the option to encrypt mobiles

Though this isn't always the case....

Trying to figure out who\what is 454.6250 trbo cap

Getting control data no voice

I have family that work for Ascension No public safety fire or ambulance in Portage Co uses800. I have.never said Ascension uses 800mhz! The whips on the building I mentioned said Aspirus Stevens Point

I can confirm vhf med channel use by Aspirus Stevens Point Er. I know the Er has a vhf radio but I have never seen it so I cant confirm wether it is vhf analog. Or a vhf analog-apco25..... which would mean it could use wiscoms closest site which is vhf apco

All units heard 800.." 8xx * are ground transport for ascension spirit. Medevac is "spirit 1,2" 462.950 (on "Custer" or Custer tower is what users call channel

152.330 had never heard anything here now I do. CC9. I.had thought I heard maintenance before on St. Michaels Hospital vhf repeater

May not even be hospital but possibly another user?

wirr

Database Admin
It appears to be a Northway Communications system.

evilbrad

Apparently now on both ST POINT and Shf repeater there is a fire toneout simulcast.

I wonder if the area ltrs will eventualy go nxedge or trbo

Ive verified that option for encryption does exist that on dispatch end there is a button to enable encryption. On that note ive noticed the mobile end doesnt pass thru repeater and is encrypted at times. This on both Stevens Point and Portage Shf1 .

I have yet to listen to 155.790 and listed c2c freq... I have never heard the tac-c2c mobile simplex freq listed for Plover Pd in use.

461.475 dmr cc6 found near Sentry area

464.4250 131.8 warehouse shipping.. pallet ops. "Plover"

100.5 stl/ifb on 450.925

92.1 stl/ifb on 450.275

461.250. Dmr close call found by sentry downtown St Point campus

467.850 100.0 copps grocery plover

155.790 called "Sheriff2"

158.8950 jail channel is apco25 will find and post nac

Heard 600 unit ids on 155.790 unknown who that us

Anyone have a nac for 155.6325 plover c2c

Uwsp Police 500 have access to 155.670 St Point Pd Channel

Spirit Marshfield helicopters are now ascension. Ascension local base fbo is at Stevens Point airport. The spirit freqs are in use by Ascension-Spirit. All Ascension bases are mentioned on Ascension website. Mention on dispatch of Custer tower. Perhaps base or repeater in Custer Wi

155.9550 156.? Unsure if this is local co
traffic on the db listed co channel with no notes..or simplex,rptr traffic further away I don't hear enough to make good notes

155.280 156 aspirus st point

Droid316

i have a homepatrol 1. Now it seems i can't listen to the frequency 155.67000 digital police for stevens point. it comes in with digital sound and no voice.. Is it encrypted now or is it that my scanner can't listen to it?.. Is the frequency now a phase 2 and not 1 where my scanner can't listen to it now? Just seeing if i need a new scanner or it the frequency is now encrypted most of the time.. thanks

Droid316

following up. my friend has a new uniden scanner and he said that the Stevens Point Police and Portage county are using encryption more. seems to have started january-feb.. but definitely can't hear all the talking, just the digital noise of encryption. sad that all the police are using encryption. dispatch should always be mostly unencrypted... more coverups lol..

evilbrad

When you have 155.670 or 155.5950 you will only hear dispatch. When they do encrypt it's on the mobile side

I can't speak for hp1 but when It is encrypted it shows enc..

It's not encrypted all the time and never have heard dispatch encrypted

461.875 dmr enc, 453.000 dmr

Those ..Should be more Sentry channels I haven't caught color code yet.....

Droid316

When you have 155.670 or 155.5950 you will only hear dispatch. When they do encrypt it's on the mobile side
right, i was able to hear moble stuff in those frequencies up until late january.. like accidents, people leaving scene.. k9 available etc. and only a few times encryption was used for really sensitive stuff.. i talked to another person at trivia last night and he said same thing. more encryption. and yes mostly now on mobile. and sheriff channel more also.. guess end of an era for hobbyists... in some categories i guess

i can't send you pm so i will reply here until i can lol. sometimes i do hear OK. 10-4 on dispatch end, but a lot of stuff still encrypted more times than not.... thanks for replying, used to like listening to what is going on in this small town and that was way to go...

listening to those channels tonight.. and the main point police has a lot more encryption going than it did ever.. like i said both dispatch and mobile are encrypted more and more... some stuff happened in the square area that i used to be able to hear, is now encrypted.. county isn't as bad, but getting there.. and i never hear much from the plover feeds.

listening to those channels tonight.. and the main point police has a lot more encryption going than it did ever.. like i said both dispatch and mobile are encrypted more and more... some stuff happened in the square area that i used to be able to hear, is now encrypted.. county isn't as bad, but getting there.. and i never hear much from the plover feeds.
and again tonight the stevens point main dispatch frequency is about 80 percent encrypted.. can hear some of the dispatcher, but the mobile and car at scene and all encrypted.. man what a change in a month.. going from 20 percent unencrypted to 80 percent encrypted. kinda weird for a smaller town, definitely not as much fun to listen to the scanner as much now.. times change i guess. i can pinpoint where it began too. when there was that lost high school boy in area and his car was found near a hotel. i was able to hear most all.. that is the key moment in time for the change over to mostly encrypted about a week later. :-( which i think is very sad imho

and again tonight the stevens point main dispatch frequency is about 80 percent encrypted.. can hear some of the dispatcher, but the mobile and car at scene and all encrypted.. man what a change in a month.. going from 20 percent unencrypted to 80 percent encrypted. kinda weird for a smaller town, definitely not as much fun to listen to the scanner as much now.. times change i guess. i can pinpoint where it began too. when there was that lost high school boy in area and his car was found near a hotel. i was able to hear most all.. that is the key moment in time for the change over to mostly encrypted about a week later. :-( which i think is very sad imho
now sunday night, so far on the stevens point dispatch frequency.. 100% of the things i tried to catch are encrypted :-(
that was from 5pm to about 10pm. definitely not as much fun with the encryption.. wish the police would say they would be going to encryption most of the time so the public would know what our taxes are used for. .. but i can't say the phrase that is not allowed to be said......... 'nuff said

do you know what 155.550 frequency is? I am hearing it in stevens point, but cant find it in database.. not sure if it is portage county or another county.. does sound police chatter....

evilbrad

I live in a multistory quad level and where the radios are reception sucks. Springtime is coming and so are outdoor antennas

At about 1100 asl I should get at least 30-40 mile reception

155.550 is Wood County WOLAW1 law dispatch.
I love how Wood is strictly analog knock on wood

My old location was nice a tband analog for local police. You could take a old ancient scanner and use it for scanning didn't need anything fancy

I noticed 151.460. 146 .2
Statewide or statewide tact was used by WSP assisting during local portage co flooding caught it on c/c unsure if used as repeater or simplex usage

Still doing some more Sentry dmr detective work two freqs are simulcast I'm guessing one freq downtown campus tx site and other freq sentry main site campus unsure who users are. The freq found on close call downtown is most likely sentry downtown location

461.875 dmr enc

453.000 dmr

Droid316

well, after further review.. the stevens point police dispatch frequency is about >80 percent encrypted now.. take it from me, i listen a lot and it sucks now that it went mostly encrypted. the sheriff dispatch is about 50% encrypted so at least it is something.. times suck now for police scanning...... hello 1984

ashnewby

Premium Subscriber
well, after further review.. the stevens point police dispatch frequency is about >80 percent encrypted now.. take it from me, i listen a lot and it sucks now that it went mostly encrypted. the sheriff dispatch is about 50% encrypted so at least it is something.. times suck now for police scanning...... hello 1984
I've been searching and trying to figure out how to program a Whistler W1040 scanner for my dad for father's day. It's getting pretty frustrating because I am having a really hard time trying to figure out how to do it. After reading this thread, I'm wondering if it even pays to try. Even if I can get this figured out, you mentioned most traffic is encrypted now. Will he even hear much other than what's on public safety? Thanks for any help or advice you have on this. Father's day is tomorrow and I'm thinking I won't have this figured out before then, but will stop trying if it doesn't pay. :)

evilbrad

Plenty to still listen to trains planes fire etc. State Police, dnr

Even though I think the downtown sentry building is vacant?? There is a tx site here

461.250 dmrdata

evilbrad

Yes, sentry

C/c find within eye view of antenna the old sentry downtown

The frequency listed for department of aging. May not get any use apparently the senior shuttle is apart of the city transit now. Still a tower and antenna at senior center.

Chet Plumbing `good company'must not use the licensed frequency. I don't see any antenna on there vehicles anymore

Noticed a vhfAPCO radio on desk of the StPoint-Plover joint court clerk. Not sure of. Frequencies or channels.

Discone antenna with rg11 ran to 4 way splitter Is up on garage with am-fm pixel, and FM turnstile. Hbu55 TV antenna up as well

Why the hbu55 isn't working well is anybodies guess.. May need LTE filter. And, re-aiming tweaking

I got a analog scanner with fg,ems inter-op university securityand hospital channels. Custodial fre for university busy. I've noticed both maint. And security at hospital with turbo radios.. Both seem to be on152.2125 and not 152.330

I'm not hearing anything on university 453.200 freqs

All university pd have vhf moto A.P.C.O radios to talk to local leos, same with St Point PD Aux

Ascension Medevac. Formerly spirit is based out of Mosinee Airport. Having moved from Stevens Point airport. Traffic on Uhf med channels mentions of "Custer and Custer tower"is repeater located in Custer WI area.

All units heard 800

Aspirus Stevens Point hospital has a vhf base on med channels. Unsure if they have UhF med and Wiscomm access. Two whips on roof

sfd119

Can you make complete sentences for us to follow along and edit your post to add additional info? It's hard to understand what you are saying.

Ascension does not have 800. They are UHF and VHF. UHF for conventional operations, VHF for patient report/WISCOM thus the two whips.

Status
Not open for further replies.