Porter County Area EMS and EMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddoorman

Just did a fast check on this system. Call sign 079 stated "transporting" and then "at destination". 158 was asked "did you get your patient?" Call signs ranging from 036 to 165 noted in this short check. Hope this is of some help.

ddoorman

RE: Porter County Area EMS and EMA Follow Up

Additional traffic appears to indicates that this entity operates in Hobart, Merrillville and Valpo. Someone talked briefly of a contract signing within the next week or two. This appears to be a private ambulance company operating in Lake and Porter County. All traffic was heard on the Valpo site.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Just a thought...

Could it be Prompt EMS? I am out that way a couple times a week and can't seem to locate them on the scanner. I have the freqs. that it listed for them but pick up nothing. A post I came up with from someone in South Bend said that they were using an LTR system but he didn't know which towers they were hitting. I sit on mill property and do a lot of different searches. I am going to put in the Porter county and Lake county towers and listen to see what I come up with. If I learn anything I will post it back here!

Batwings21

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Porter County EMS and EMA are on their own VHF analog conventional repeaters. Prompt is on a MotoTrbo system for Lake, Porter and Laporte counties not sure what they are currently doing in South Bend. And the other traffic is probably another private ambulance company like Superior.

twcalsbc

Premium Subscriber
More Info on Prompt Ambulance

Does anyone have more info on Prompt Ambulance in Northwest Indiana? An earlier post mentioned Moto Trbo? I do know they are using something digital on VHF-HI.

shauno

Premium Subscriber
Just did a fast check on this system. Call sign 079 stated "transporting" and then "at destination". 158 was asked "did you get your patient?" Call signs ranging from 036 to 165 noted in this short check. Hope this is of some help.

Porter County EMS uses frequency 155.235, and EMA uses 151.740 (as well as Safe-t). This may be prompt or superior, or one of the other private ambulance services.

Status
Not open for further replies.