Portland Area Trunked Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_A_R_I_A_B_L_E

CIA Agent
Feed Provider
Curious about a couple of things, one is on tg 240, which is listed as "MULT C" interop, I've been hearing what sounds like some sort of animal control dispatch net. On tg 19920, which is listed as "Animal Control" I haven't heard anything, though perhaps I just wasn't listening at the right time.

Secondly, I've noticed Union Pacific police occasionally come up on both PPB Central and PPB North dispatch nets, usually with a three-digit unit number (i.e. "UP 571"). Just curious if the UP cops have their own dispatch net or if they exclusively use PPB talkgroups due to the fact that they operate here in the Portland area. Again, I have monitored tg 18608 "UPRR" (not even sure if this is for UP law enforcement or some other rail operations) and not heard anything during the time I was listening.

Anyone have insight into either of these? Thanks!

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
Both UP and BNSF Special Agents may come up on Portland or CRESA, use 161.205 (nationwide RR Police mutual aid), road channels, PBX, use NEXTEL / cell phones (RMCC), etc...they could use any of them, as they have no dedicated "police" dispatch.

hillsbjp

Premium Subscriber
I believe the UP and BNSF talk groups on the Portland system are patched to the local train dispatch frequencies for those railroads. They're probably only active when a subscriber radio is active on that channel (like the NOAA WX radio patch TG)

V_A_R_I_A_B_L_E

CIA Agent
Feed Provider
So lately I haven't heard any more animal control on MULT C, but I have heard plenty of radio shop comm checks. Usually someone several times per day coming up on tg 240 and asking for a sound check or radio check. I was under the impression that these interoperability talkgroups are for law enforcement inter-agency communication, and also that the radio shop had their own talkgroup for testing purposes, I see some listed in the database for the Bureau of General Services and also for the Bureau of Emergency Communications. Anyone know what's up?

KE7JFF

They might be checking out a complaint about an issue on the talkgroup...

Baker845

Portland fire has new apx radios so they might be testing new radios on that tg just make sure radios are working on main interop stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.