Portland Fire CAD calls on PulsePoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulNDaOC

Just noticed that PFB was recently added to PulsePoint and a three hour sampling indicates that all types of calls are appearing on the app. (Only certain types do where I reside)

Also noticed that calls involving PDX and AMR-only responses also shown.

City calls only, not Gresham, Dist 14, or Dist 30.

PulsePoint WebApp

DickH

Just noticed that PFB was recently added to PulsePoint and a three hour sampling indicates that all types of calls are appearing on the app. (Only certain types do where I reside)

Also noticed that calls involving PDX and AMR-only responses also shown.

City calls only, not Gresham, Dist 14, or Dist 30.

PulsePoint WebApp

Great find. That will be a big help to me for nearby incidents for which I don't get paged. Some of our dispatchers just whisper or mumble so I miss the location. Now, with Pulse Point, it pops up on the screen instantly. Thanks very much.

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
That's a shame. The public deserves to know what is going on and if they should avoid an area. Washington/Clackamas Counties do, though I'm not sure if they have any police call data available. Multnomah County has at least the closed incidents.

Is the PulsePoint data available as an RSS feed by any chance? I run https://twitter.com/pdxfirelog/ and wouldn't mind creating a feed of it, or at least adding the unit details if I can make room for them.

Oh, and it would also be nice to know the type of medical incident like Washington/Clackamas Counties provide.

pdx911

Dispatcher
Great find. That will be a big help to me for nearby incidents for which I don't get paged. Some of our dispatchers just whisper or mumble so I miss the location. Now, with Pulse Point, it pops up on the screen instantly. Thanks very much.

i don't know anyone who whispers. ;)

DickH

i don't know anyone who whispers. ;)

Keep listening. There is one male and one female. With the volume all the way up on a scanner you can just barely hear them. Even on my Motorola I need it nearly full volume. My guess is their mic is nowhere near their mouth.

Last edited:

PaulNDaOC

Being that your hearing this on a commercial grade radio I'm surprised complaints from the field don't roll in.

I would hope it's just a headset issue vs inattentiveness. Maybe their lunch is obstructing the mic tube. I've seen that one.

Two things I will expand on about the Media app is first, the info is limited to type of incident, location, times, and which units are assigned to the call, without anything from the narrative.Secondly all agencies dispatched by BOEC and PDX were on it and refreshed every 60 secs.

It's a beautiful thing to have if you can get a hold of it. I had access to the Beta version prior to launch. Users do pay a fee.

I hope I didn't stray too far off topic,.

DickH

Being that your hearing this on a commercial grade radio I'm surprised complaints from the field don't roll in. ...
It's a beautiful thing to have if you can get a hold of it. I had access to the Beta version prior to launch. Users do pay a fee.....

I've heard only 2 units say it was not loud enough. With MDTs in all the apparatus, the info. is right there on the screen so they don't need to hear it well.

I asked about the media app and I understand it is delayed. I don't know for how long - 20 seconds? 1 minute?

PaulNDaOC

I've heard only 2 units say it was not loud enough. With MDTs in all the apparatus, the info. is right there on the screen so they don't need to hear it well.

I asked about the media app and I understand it is delayed. I don't know for how long - 20 seconds? 1 minute?

I'm not sure if a call just dispatched was appearing on the App at the time of the next auto-refresh or if there was a short delay due. Being that I was listening to the radio traffic online, I can only say with any certainty if there is a delay it is a minute or two at the most.

The cost to subscribe to it caught me a little bit surprised at $50 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.