Portland P25 system - Submission - PCC change request

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7jfv

Database Admin
I have received a user submission to move PCC talkgroups into the "Oregon State Agencies Talkgroups" subcategory. The justification is "Portland Community College District falls under the state umbrella agency Higher Education Coordinating Commission." I don't have a dog in this fight, so I'm asking for the opinions of the users in the area for guidance on this one.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6830

jakeconsiglio

For what its worth

I see what you mean... they're locally governed by also run by the state?

From the HECC website:

The HECC’s Office of Community Colleges and Workforce Development (CCWD) works closely with colleges and workforce programs to support accessible, high quality learning opportunities to serve the state’s present and future needs. CCWD provides coordination, leadership and resources to Oregon’s 17 locally-governed community colleges, 18 adult basic skills providers, community-based organizations and other partnerships. The governance of Oregon’s public community colleges is the responsibility of their respective local-elected governing boards.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
I don't see a reason to change it. Putting it under the State Agencies umbrella does not seem like a logical choice to me, even if it is technically correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.