Portland PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpurinton

Hey all... I want to listen to Portland PD, but it seems the old Broadcastify channel has since been deleted.

So I went out and got myself a Whistler WS1040.

I have a Macbook, so no joy using the PC programming software. I'm trying to manually program it and I think I've got it, but I'm not 100% sure.

First question... should I be set to P25 Auto or MOT 800/900 ?

Secondly, do I program in all the frequencies on radioreference or just the ones in red?

Narrow FM? Yes/No

Multi-site? Yes/No
Roam/Static?

Thanks!

PS: If I can get this working I'll set it up on a zello channel or broadcastify maybe. I can dedicate an old laptop this.

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
Portland PD and FD

Hi since some of us who would love to listen to Portland Police and Fire and are not zello users, maybe we could enjoy them on broadcastify, that way everyone could enjoy listening, if you were thinking of putting them both online Thank you, soccercoach.

rpurinton

Portland PD is now live on Broadcastify... It's been running 100% on Zello for over a year now. So I expect the Broadcastify feed will be equally reliable.

I still prefer Zello over Broadcastify... Zello only uses bandwidth when receiving. All messages are stored individually for fast playback (skip all silence). There's like 8000 subscribers to the Zello Channel

Portland Maine Police Dispatch
https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/27741

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
Loud and clear on both broadcastify and zello thank you hope Portland FD So Portland FD Cape Elizabeth FD is next??

Coach

Backdraft310

Feed Provider
Was it easy to put a feed on Zello? I like to get Portland fire going on there as well.

rpurinton

Its not too hard to get on Zello, especially since I've already got a channel created for it. Just need to connect to it... Since you're also having trouble with your scanner picking up parking police maybe i can swing by and check out your setup? I'm in Windham. We've already been talking in private messages so if you wanna just reply there thats' cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.