• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Possible Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
I pass thru Wiggins a good bit (Stone County) and listen to MSWIN, I never copy traffic on Wiggins channel 2, it makes that sound like it's encrypted, no traffic at all on the other channel. Pearl PD car to car does the same thing...Anyone heard this?

Be Safe

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Database Admin
I had heard that in Rankin County, a couple of the PDs and SO were going to encrypt Tacs and Private TGs, but everyone was going to keep the Dispatch TGs open.

Every time I've received Wiggins PD on their channel 2, it's been encrypted. Running Unitrunker, it did show as having received the TG for the Wiggins PD channel 1, but I didn't hear any traffic on it. I can't receive Pearl from here, or at least so far nothing from there has affiliated with any of my local towers, so I can't comment on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.