possibly buying radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneckcellphone

Premium Subscriber
good ol santa came early and i got a 100$ amazon gift card. was looking at im clueless as to what to get. im looking for the best all around world receiver that 100$ can buy.

thanks

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
Well, for starters, what do you want to listen to? If you just want VHF/UHF conventional frequencies, then amazon has some great options for right around $100. If you are wanting to pick up a trunked system, then you are going to have to shell out a little more cash before getting something that will work for you. Also, are you willing to spend a little more than $100 if the scanner is just at $100 before shipping/handling? Amazon has a bunch that are between ~$95 and ~$115 before you factor in shipping.

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
You are correct. That's why I posted it in this sub forum

Sent from my iPhone yes iPhone using Tapatalk app thingy

Oops... I should have noticed. Sorry. :) Well then I can't be of much help.
Have a great Christmas!

RadioDaze

thanks radio daze. was looking at the Grundig S350 Deluxe AM/FM/Shortwave Radio. it is good for the price?
Not as highly rated on eham Eham review: Grundig S350 but it looks like a fun starter radio nevertheless. If I were in your position, I'd be patient, read many reviews on many different radios and pick one that I really felt that I was led to by research. Make it sort of a vision quest.

Here's something that caught my attention, and has a pretty decent eham review:
Amazon.com: TECSUN PL660 Portable Radio FM/LW/MW/SW/SSB/AIRBAND
Eham review: Tecsun PL-660 PLL World Band Receiver Product Reviews
Just ever so slightly above your price range, but might be a good all-around radio.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
I would get the Kaito 1103 mentioned above in that price range.

SSB and a lot more bang for the buck. Decent sound to boot. Leave aircraft band to a scanner IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.