Post Your Mystery Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

repairman222

152.81 - a Part 22 freq - heard brief encoded NAC 293 TG2 with similar RIDs as often hear on 171.6875: 81610###, this one was 8164023.
171.6875 heard before 99% end but when un-enc mentions warrants and Kanas City.
Never seen a Part 22 used by feds!
FWIW YES I know MOSWIN uses both of these freqs but not low TG and Not these RIDs
any thoughts?
171.6875 mhz what was the NAC? was it digital P25? Thank you.... South West Missouri here Sir...

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
152.81 IS a MOSWIN vc but never figured why I heard brief encoded NAC 293 TG2 with similar RIDs as often hear on 171.6875: 81610###, this one was 8164023

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Friendly reminder to keep 403.025 NFM (set it to AUTO mode) in your everyday-scanner search lists... I keep hearing a lot of random activity -- from cranes (not so much now) and random federal agencies that are using this frequency with encrypted and clear traffic. Mostly DMR but wouldn't surprise me to catch P25 or NXDN soon.

From Thursday night. TGID/RID ==1

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
On 165.9500, in the SoCal Inland Empire, I hear what sounds like a repeater output being keyed up by an unmodulated partially-quieting signal (i.e. it repeats some white noise) for about one second, followed by a quiet 2-3 second hang time. It happens almost exactly every 64 seconds. The DB doesn't show this channel in use here. In other states, it's conventional P25 (which this is not) used by the IRS.

ecps92

Could be the Repeater has a RX issue and so many other assumptions
We have one local ICE machine that the Voter starts passing DPL, yet the Repeater is P25

Going over my notes, I have this [LA Area] as an IRS Repeater [mixed mode] where the Analog RX is flakey. [Yes a Technical term]

Keep listening
On 165.9500, in the SoCal Inland Empire, I hear what sounds like a repeater output being keyed up by an unmodulated partially-quieting signal (i.e. it repeats some white noise) for about one second, followed by a quiet 2-3 second hang time. It happens almost exactly every 64 seconds. The DB doesn't show this channel in use here. In other states, it's conventional P25 (which this is not) used by the IRS.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Could be the Repeater has a RX issue and so many other assumptions
We have one local ICE machine that the Voter starts passing DPL, yet the Repeater is P25

Going over my notes, I have this [LA Area] as an IRS Repeater [mixed mode] where the Analog RX is flakey. [Yes a Technical term]

Keep listening

It's the 64-second regularity that seemed odd. It was like that for over an hour. All of a sudden, after my initial post, I started seeing those bursts much closer together, and of varying length, making me think they are indeed high-speed data bursts that just sound like white noise. DSD+ didn't sync on any of it, though the signal scope confirmed that it looks like data.

ecps92

VHF Band openning?? and something [P25, DMR or weak signal] getting into the RX

See if activity picks up on a Monday as more units turn on the radios and head into the office.
Have you also attempted to see what you can find on the input freq ??

It's the 64-second regularity that seemed odd. It was like that for over an hour. All of a sudden, after my initial post, I started seeing those bursts much closer together, and of varying length, making me think they are indeed high-speed data bursts that just sound like white noise. DSD+ didn't sync on any of it, though the signal scope confirmed that it looks like data.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber

I've been hearing that for years when I'm in the LA area.
At first, I assumed it was a mixed-mode Treasury repeater acting up, and it may be. I also heard P-25 Treasury activity on this frequency as well.
But someone suggested it may be coming from Mexico.

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.