• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Post Your Mystery Frequencies

N4CYA

Was the VHF Band open that day ??

171.7750 $293 has been reported for a few years now [atleast since 2010] for an Unknown NPS site.
heard in the past in NC during a band openning.

Also if VHF as North/South down to the Everglades, it could be Everglades NP Fire Repeater
I've been picking up few other federal frequencies up as well especially 164.400 for the past couple of days. I only hear 171.7750 few times a day then nothing else through out the day and week. Mostly in the morning I will hear them and sometimes in the lunch or afternoon time then it goes silent. Do they have a primary repeater in the Georgia area they use? Only park I am finding that could be possibly it or not is Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park in Macon about 23 miles away from me.

ecps92

164.4000 USSS [$001]

My experience with NPS [New England and travels] is each site has a Repeater and if not a Simplex channel
Some use $293, others $4CE and others a nice variety depending on the Tech/Shop
Nothing Common for a state
I've been picking up few other federal frequencies up as well especially 164.400 for the past couple of days. I only hear 171.7750 few times a day then nothing else through out the day and week. Mostly in the morning I will hear them and sometimes in the lunch or afternoon time then it goes silent. Do they have a primary repeater in the Georgia area they use? Only park I am finding that could be possibly it or not is Ocmulgee Mounds National Historical Park in Macon about 23 miles away from me.

rkm1215

163.775 NAC 118 in Clearwater, FL today. I was boarding a plane so didn't get to listen long, but the 2 hits were enc.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

ecps92

163.7750 is one of the NEW inputs for TSA 172.1500, since you were at the airport, I would go that way.

Across the Country and FLA this is also [different NACS and PLs] used by BP, CBP, USSS, ICE and a Federal IO

Anyone close to see if 172.1500 is also $118 ??
163.775 NAC 118 in Clearwater, FL today. I was boarding a plane so didn't get to listen long, but the 2 hits were enc.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

N4CYA

For the past couple of days since I got home I've been receiving 409.1375 DMR color code 1 not sure who it is Byron, Georgia area.