• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

POTUS, Obstruction, Stormy and Cohen

kayn1n32008

Lost your STOP SLOW sign?
Nope. Don’t use one of those.

I will take a 4 creame, 1 sugar original roast, and my partner will have a double double coffee to go please Squad10. Make sure to throw a insulated sleeve on the drinks when you make them as well.

Chop chop. Time is money kiddo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squad10

From the picture we can see kayn is outstanding in his field. Well, its probably somebody else's field. Either way he can usually make a Frappuccino by simply dumping coffee in the snow.
He's looking down for where the stream is coming out so he can try to find it, shake it then put it back in.

kayn1n32008

He's looking down for where the stream is coming out so he can try to find it, shake it then put it back in.
Hahaha. That’s my coworker tying in C/L of the township road with Trimble RTK. The client is expanding/building a runoff containment berm on their compressor/booster station out of view to the left of the photo

I would try and explain more but I doubt you have the ability to comprehend what I would be saying.

kayn1n32008

Nothing to do with the thread, but I was basically a bench tech for about 10 years. Once I got out in the field in 1999 I figured out I could never return to an inside job.

Back to bashing each other.
Same. I worked in the field for 9 years, then took an office job. I’m back in the field.

prcguy

I'm retired but take on a number of jobs like this each year. Here I am outstanding in my field and a rare picture without my head blurred. :) I'm up near the hub bent over giving the Agilent Field Fox a workout, and judging by the angle of the dish I was in the middle of a noise power test.

I fly in near the end of these going together and finish up waveguide and RF connections, then fire up transmitters and perform final acceptance testing for the customer like taking antenna patterns and other measurements that determine gain, G/T, etc. Typical satcom stuff.

This particular one is receive only and on an island, won't say which one and they cannot tell me who the customer is. I also know better than to ask. Frequency range is unusual and I won't post for fear of a phone call. This one was earlier in the year and as a coincidence I did another on the same island last month but for another customer at the other end of the island. Busy island I guess.

One thing that might qualify this post as relevant to the thread is our tax money probably paid for the one in the picture and if so Trump would have had to approve it in some budget.

IMG_2696.JPG

Same. I worked in the field for 9 years, then took an office job. I’m back in the field.

Last edited:

Squad10

I'm retired but take on a number of jobs like this each year. Here I am outstanding in my field and a rare picture without my head blurred. :) I'm up near the hub bent over giving the Agilent Field Fox a workout, and judging by the angle of the dish I was in the middle of a noise power test.

I fly in near the end of these going together and finish up waveguide and RF connections, then fire up transmitters and perform final acceptance testing for the customer like taking antenna patterns and other measurements that determine gain, G/T, etc. Typical satcom stuff.

This particular one is receive only and on an island, won't say which one and they cannot tell me who the customer is. I also know better than to ask. Frequency range is unusual and I won't post for fear of a phone call. This one was earlier in the year and as a coincidence I did another on the same island last month but for another customer at the other end of the island. Busy island I guess.

One thing that might qualify this post as relevant to the thread is our tax money probably paid for the one in the picture and if so Trump would have had to approve it in some budget.

View attachment 71240

Back in the 80s, my best friend worked for Dow Jones/WSJ Satellite Division in Palo Alto. Your pic reminds me of the equipment I watched him work on in Beaumont, TX and Naperville, IL. He maintained WSJ press equipment too. I never thought a newspaper could print as fast as I witnessed a WSJ print in Naperville.

Squad10

Hahaha. That’s my coworker tying in C/L of the township road with Trimble RTK. The client is expanding/building a runoff containment berm on their compressor/booster station out of view to the left of the photo

I would try and explain more but I doubt you have the ability to comprehend what I would be saying.

You're wrong as usual. I did several projects for Ed Down and Jack Cline of Trimble Navigation. I designed and delivered high power 9600bps 800 mHz NBFM fixed station RTK-sub centimeter continuous duty transmitters and portable receivers for their public safety TBS accounts.