Power Patrol and HP1 2.0 support

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCO

Note statement from Assaf ...from his forum . Very understandable with all the new features. (and I was just getting comfortable using PP...:( ) Thanks Assaf for the heads up, anyone using PP now should read and heed..

cpuerror

Well with Sentinel which will soon be able to fully program the HP1 there will be less need for 3rd party software, at least on Windows. I never really did develop PP to where I wanted it to be since I've been spending the past 5 months focusing on the iOS platform and I will have great IRLP app available soon for the iPhone & iPod Touch among many more to come.

PP isn't dead forever though, just on do-not-resuscitate, and it could return again. FreeSCAN will continue on receiving updates until the last DMA scanner is turned off (but don't quote me on that). We could even see some criss-cross stuff like an app to remote control a scanner connected to FS using your iPhone.

Uniden has been very supportive to 3rd party software makers and I'd like to thank them for that.

OCO

We'll see how well Sentinel 2.0 works. One of the reasons I downloaded Power Patrol was there were restrictions and data presentations in Sentinel that my old brain had problems processing. I found PP much easier and more intuitive. I'm still dealing with the issue that everything that I add is to "favorites" , not to the database. Just tonight I discovered there are lots of talkgroups being discovered in our statewide system; as far as I can figure it out, they either get sent to Uniden to update back to the RR database, or I create favorites.Up until the multiple favorites option is implemented, that means one favorite for all personal additions. I understand the issue of using third party software to append to a database that is synchronized from another source on a regular basis, but I suspect that that more comes under the terms of use that developers are restricted to..Anyway, Thanks for your supreme effort!!

PS - how about a "consolette" application using the new USB audio/data stream so I can lean back in my chair and use the laptop to surf and control the HP1 at the same time??

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
PS - how about a "consolette" application using the new USB audio/data stream so I can lean back in my chair and use the laptop to surf and control the HP1 at the same time??

...and/or since you mentioned you are an iOS programmer, I'd love to see that on my iPad. Use my iPhone/iPad to control the radio while taking the streaming audio back from the HP1x and sending it back out through the iPad?

cpuerror

rdale: It may be possible but ofcrouse you will need an interim computer to sit between the two. There is no way for an iOS device and a scanner to communicate directly that I know of.

I am not sure if it is possible to stream audio from the HP1 directly over USB.
EDIT: Possibly!

Last edited:

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for not clarifying - yes I meant having a PC in the middle. HP1x can stream audio via the USB cable. I've not been able to test if it can also be controlled at the same time it's streaming, but my early guess would be yes.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Just to add to discussion, a company called Redpack recently announced a 30 Pin to Serial Cable and protocol for iOS Devices. The possibilities are endless including GPS, remote control, etc. Now, if Apple® allows the apps in the store is another issue.

Dave L.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Well I'm not sure the HP1 would benefit from iOS control if it's hooked directly to the HP. But it would be nice for remote control and listening...

cpuerror

Well I'm not sure the HP1 would benefit from iOS control if it's hooked directly to the HP. But it would be nice for remote control and listening...

That would seem fairly pointless. I am thinking of doing something that will let you remote control, view logs and listen to recordings with FS running as a server on a remote PC. Eventually, this is something I can expand to the HP1 as well.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I guess I'm really confused, what you just mentioned is what I was talking about with the HP :) But also to listen live.

Status
Not open for further replies.