Power Supply For The RS PRO-106 20-106

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so you can use Alkaline Batteries and Rechargables.
How about Lithium AA Batteries?
What would be a good Power source for hooking up the RS PRO-106 20-106
to AC House Power? Any suggestions? A DC Adapater or some other way?

NYRHKY94

Hi Jerry:

I use the following 2 items from Radio Shack to power my Pro-106 off of AC. The manual states the AC adaptor needs to be "at least" 500 mA, but I decided to get the 800 mA instead. I use the "C" adaptaplug for the Pro-106 as it fits nice & snug.

9VDC 800mA Adapter
Model: 273-1768
Catalog #: 273-1768

Model: Adaptaplug C
Catalog #: 273-1706

Thanks - Mike

jeffkraussws

Basically, any Radio Shack DC adapter that can take the Adaptaplug C will power the radio. So will the adapter that comes with many recent Uniden scanners. If the voltage is too low (like the Uniden's 6 V) it might not charge the batteries but it will power the radio. If the current capacity is lower than 500 mW then it might get hotter than normal, although I have been using the RS 273-1767A (300 mA) for several years with the Pro-96 without a problem.

Sophocles

Power supply and batteries

Okay so you can use Alkaline Batteries and Rechargables.
How about Lithium AA Batteries?
What would be a good Power source for hooking up the RS PRO-106 20-106
to AC House Power? Any suggestions? A DC Adapater or some other way?

Use the Radio Shack 273-1768 adapter to power the 106 from the wall. Only use alkaline AA's, NICAD AA's or NIHM AA's. Remember when you use the alkaline batteries use the black battery holder not the yellow. Also, whenever you use the NICAD's or NIHM batteries be sure you use the yellow battery holder and not the black one. Whenever you install batteries remember to tell the radio what battery type you are using - you will find this on page 18 and 19 of the manual. need any more help let me know at sophocles@q.com

Status
Not open for further replies.