Powering the Titanium Satellite C1W-PLL lite Wideband C-band LNBF

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
Just moving up to C band and was wondering if anyone here is using the above LNBF? My question is how to power the unit for less than $60 AUD? The Plane plotter group has a pdf with a nice home brew bias t costing about $30 USD all up (unfortunately it involves surface mount components and modifying a power supply). Best i can do is $60 power inserter (see image) that will handle the 14-20v and my Avair bench power supply. Any thoughts?
power inserter.png

prcguy

I have a drawer full of the power inserters shown in your picture and they were very cheap, seems like I paid about $10-15 each. There are also very inexpensive power inserters on Ebay from China. They will have SMA or N connectors but they are really cheap.

Just moving up to C band and was wondering if anyone here is using the above LNBF? My question is how to power the unit for less than $60 AUD? The Plane plotter group has a pdf with a nice home brew bias t costing about $30 USD all up (unfortunately it involves surface mount components and modifying a power supply). Best i can do is $60 power inserter (see image) that will handle the 14-20v and my Avair bench power supply. Any thoughts?
View attachment 70513

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
thanks, i couldn't manage to find any listed (from china) on aussie ebay, at least ones rated for 14+ volts. purchased the unit shown anyway. waiting impatiently for it all to be delivered.

SDRPlayer

Premium Subscriber
I now have my LNB and power inserter and i'm just about set. I'm a bit nervous about using my Avair benchtop power supply because the LNB only requires 145 mA max. I have used the Avair for years for various radios etc, but my knowledge is limited RE mA. does anyone have experience with these? If i crank the only dial to 13-14V, will the amps increase also or only as much as the LNB draws?
AV-800-1.JPG
Thanks.

prcguy

The LNB will only draw its rated current. If you want to change polarity you will have to run it up to 16-20 volts.

I now have my LNB and power inserter and i'm just about set. I'm a bit nervous about using my Avair benchtop power supply because the LNB only requires 145 mA max. I have used the Avair for years for various radios etc, but my knowledge is limited RE mA. does anyone have experience with these? If i crank the only dial to 13-14V, will the amps increase also or only as much as the LNB draws?
View attachment 70917
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.