PPD Radio Transmission as Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasper36

I don't know anything about scanning police radio.I downloaded some Providence Police files in hopes of hearing a particular conversation, but as I understand it they are encrypted. Just to be sure, is there any way I can find in the archives what was broadcast by a PPD officer from his vehicle radio? Does Providence store their transmissions and would they be available by an Access to Public Records request?

Thanks
Jasper

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Radio traffic through dispatch is almost always recorded and kept.
It would need to be subpoenaed by the courts. You can try asking the PD for it, but unlikely they'll give it out.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
In addition, if PPD furnished it to you, there probably would be a charge. There's not likely to be a charge if it's furnished through the court system.

ecps92

City of Providence Public Records Request - City of Providence

I don't know anything about scanning police radio.I downloaded some Providence Police files in hopes of hearing a particular conversation, but as I understand it they are encrypted. Just to be sure, is there any way I can find in the archives what was broadcast by a PPD officer from his vehicle radio? Does Providence store their transmissions and would they be available by an Access to Public Records request?

Thanks
Jasper

Status
Not open for further replies.