• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Praise for Lentini Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

raisindot

Since the For Sale sticky says that praise for feedback for commercial vendors should go here, I'm doing it.

After recently being convinced against my practical nature by folks here to get a PSR500, I went ahead and succumbed and, even though my kids will never go to college because of it, I'm proud to say I've now got the most megacool scanner out there.

Even though I discovered the Scannermaster headquarters is less than a quarter of a mile from where I live, and I could have picked one up there, I didn't want to pay sales tax (and they didn't have in any in stock at the time I called them), so I went to Ebay and did it via a Buy It Now and Paypal from Lentini Communications. No shipping fee, no taxes, and it arrived two days after I paid, exactly as described.

I have nothing but praise for them. I had never heard of them before, but they win my vote as a great online vendor from whom I would buy again without hesitation (and, no, I have no personal or financial connection to them).

Suzie

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
They are my "local" radio/ham shop about 20 miles away in newington, ct, home of the ARRL.

When I bought my GRE, I was shopping on ebay and noticed who the seller was, so I just went and bought it in person instead. They were also very good in tracking down a Sony SW set that is in very short supply last month for me. Everyone there has treated me well and are both friendly and knowledgeable. I'd rather go to an actual store than buy on ebay for various reasons. Looking back at old issues of monitoring times, I noticed they used to buy ads in there. The only constructive critique I have is that I wish that they would advertise trade-ins/used/ discontinued equipment on their website though. And their website covers mostly 2way HAM vendors so I'd like to see some scanner coverage, but they can get just about anything anyways, so thats up to them.

There is a "who is a good GRE dealer?" thread started in the main forum. I'm going to go ahead and cross-link this thread there.

N2MWE

Premium Subscriber
I've dealt with Alex and the gang for a number of years. They knows their stuff inside and out, and won't jerk you around. If they don't have what you're looking for, either they'll get it or find someone who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.