• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

prayer for first responders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to all for all of the responses, I will keep everyone in my prayers. I remember the time in my life were I was an unbeliever. I too was always looking for the logical explanation. But something happend in my life. I realized that Jesus is the Chirst.
I know this thread is gaining some age, but I have come to the same conclusion.

If we look at the Christian faith in America, we see a history. Interesting fact is that this country is falling from grace.

Look back 100 years. There was a time when women were raising the children and instilling the values and morals into these kids. These kids grew up to carry on the morals and the values. Then, two people started working in the home. Values and morals we no longer taught by parents but instead taught by care givers (daycare, school and whatnot).

100 years ago the majority of America were Christian, not so much now. And we have the violence, lack of morals, twisted values and all this is the blame of a society that sought the mighty dollar before the values and morals of the family. The people 100 years ago knew that God was real, but left future generations bitter and without the same values.

I have spent my whole life wondering what this is all about. I come to a conclusion, the devil very much wants to feed my wonder. As long as I wonder, I ignore the truth. Then you read the bible (which I have done many times) and you realize, it is very much the truth and only satan wants me to remain blind to that truth.

Open your heart to God and allow him to show you the truth. He is the ONLY truth and wandering around this existence wondering what the truth is does nothing at all but guarantee one a nice little home on a bed of hot coals.

If we look at the Christian faith in America, we see a history. Interesting fact is that this country is falling from grace.
Why do you think America was ever under God's grace? We aren't his chosen people.

100 years ago the majority of America were Christian, not so much now. And we have the violence, lack of morals, twisted values and all this is the blame of a society that sought the mighty dollar before the values and morals of the family. The people 100 years ago knew that God was real, but left future generations bitter and without the same values.

I have spent my whole life wondering what this is all about. I come to a conclusion, the devil very much wants to feed my wonder. As long as I wonder, I ignore the truth. Then you read the bible (which I have done many times) and you realize, it is very much the truth and only satan wants me to remain blind to that truth.
So you think people worship money now more than they did 100 years ago? Does Satan get you to commit crimes?

wandering around this existence wondering what the truth is does nothing at all but guarantee one a nice little home on a bed of hot coals.
What a stupid, childish fairy tale.

I suppose you're aware that Pope Francis said heaven and hell aren't actual places. Don't you believe him? Shouldn't every "holy" man since pretty much the beginning of time have known? Proof that they just make it up as they go along. One lie follows another.

From the Wikipedia article on Deism:

"Most deists saw the religions of their day as
corruptions of an original, pure religion that was
simple and rational. They felt that this original, pure
religion had become corrupted by "priests" who
had manipulated it for personal gain and for the
class interests of the priesthood in general.
According to this world view, over time "priests"
had succeeded in encrusting the original, simple,
rational religion with all kinds of superstitions and
"mysteries" – irrational theological doctrines.

Laymen were told by the priests that only the
priests really knew what was necessary for
salvation and that laymen must accept the
"mysteries" on faith and on the priests' authority.
This kept the laity baffled by the nonsensical
"mysteries", confused, and dependent on the
priests for information about the requirements for
salvation. The priests consequently enjoyed a
position of considerable power over the laity, which
they strove to maintain and increase. Deists
referred to this kind of manipulation of religious
doctrine as "priestcraft", a highly derogatory term."

Last edited:
Why do you think America was ever under God's grace? We aren't his chosen people.
America at one time was a very Christian place, look at history.

Even the Jews have said that by siding with Israel, we are under Gods grace.

So you think people worship money now more than they did 100 years ago? Does Satan get you to commit crimes?
By and large, yes I do.

People make choices. If people decide to follow Satan, then he will convince people to do some nasty things. He however does not get me to commit crimes, I don't follow him!

What a stupid, childish fairy tale.

I suppose you're aware that Pope Francis said heaven and hell aren't actual places. Don't you believe him? Shouldn't every "holy" man since pretty much the beginning of time have known? Proof that they just make it up as they go along. One lie follows another.
I am not a Catholic and I don't believe anyone can speak for God, this includes the Pope. He is a mere human with his own opinions that are in no way based on the the Bible. The Bible teaches heaven and hell are places, I have no way to doubt that,

Besides, it is thought the Pope is a Jesuit which brings along its own agenda.

From the Wikipedia article on Deism:

"Most deists saw the religions of their day as
corruptions of an original, pure religion that was
simple and rational. They felt that this original, pure
religion had become corrupted by "priests" who
had manipulated it for personal gain and for the
class interests of the priesthood in general.
According to this world view, over time "priests"
had succeeded in encrusting the original, simple,
rational religion with all kinds of superstitions and
"mysteries" – irrational theological doctrines.

Laymen were told by the priests that only the
priests really knew what was necessary for
salvation and that laymen must accept the
"mysteries" on faith and on the priests' authority.
This kept the laity baffled by the nonsensical
"mysteries", confused, and dependent on the
priests for information about the requirements for
salvation. The priests consequently enjoyed a
position of considerable power over the laity, which
they strove to maintain and increase. Deists
referred to this kind of manipulation of religious
doctrine as "priestcraft", a highly derogatory term."
Yea, yea, yea! Isn't God wonderful? He gave you free will and he allows people to remain blind if they choose. You have that freedom.

Yes, primitive, uneducated people believe all sorts of stupid things.
It's rather funny to me.

I say my piece, and rather then you ignoring what I say, You call me childish and silly. And then you post a bunch of stuff I don't follow.

Then, you come here and say that uneducated people believe all sorts of stupid things. Let me ask, do you know me? Do you know my education level? Because people usually sling insults to either make people feel bad or to show they are on the losing side...

I am very well educated! I would argue that it takes a very wise man or woman to understand destiny. I feel I have a grasp on such things and would say, through your very own examples that you do not. I have done said, I don't care what you think and yet you attack.

I have known plenty atheists in my life. One common thing I always see is they are trying to seek the truth and want to know the truth while ignoring God. They call names, they bash those whom don't share their ideology. Why do they feel the need to do this? Why do you feel the need to call names and continue your rhetoric? It is all because there is no such thing as a secure atheist. They ignore the truth and it bothers them that other people have found comfort when they can find none. But they continue to ignore God and will never find comfort. And bashing others for their beliefs will never swing in the atheists favor.

I am very secure in what I believe. I am also very well educated. There is no need for you to demean others based solely on your own opinion. I am not bashing your opinions, I simply decided to ignore the video and you decided to continue.

As I have said, you have free will that God has provided you. You have the right to remain blind. I also have the right to see the light. I respect your right, what is wrong with you respecting mine?

Last edited:
It's rather funny to me.

I say my piece, and rather then you ignoring what I say, You call me childish and silly. And then you post a bunch of stuff I don't follow.

Then, you come here and say that uneducated people believe all sorts of stupid things. Let me ask, do you know me? Do you know my education level? Because people usually sling insults to either make people feel bad or to show they are on the losing side...

I am very well educated! I would argue that it takes a very wise man or woman to understand destiny. I feel I have a grasp on such things and would say, through your very own examples that you do not. I have done said, I don't care what you think and yet you attack.

I have known plenty atheists in my life. One common thing I always see is they are trying to seek the truth and want to know the truth while ignoring God. They call names, they bash those whom don't share their ideology. Why do they feel the need to do this? Why do you feel the need to call names and continue your rhetoric? It is all because there is no such thing as a secure atheist. They ignore the truth and it bothers them that other people have found comfort when they can find none. But they continue to ignore God and will never find comfort. And bashing others for their beliefs will never swing in the atheists favor.

I am very secure in what I believe. I am also very well educated. There is no need for you to demean others based solely on your own opinion. I am not bashing your opinions, I simply decided to ignore the video and you decided to continue.

As I have said, you have free will that God has provided you. You have the right to remain blind. I also have the right to see the light. I respect your right, what is wrong with you respecting mine?
Take a look at this prior topic of his, Corbintechboy: http://forums.radioreference.com/database-discussion-forum/268363-printing-problem.html

They obviously don't even have the ability to ask for help without being abusive to those trying to help them, so I'm afraid you're wasting your time in expecting someone like that to respect your rights and opinions.

It's rather funny to me.

What makes you think I was referring to you? Paranoid much? You mentioned people in America a long time ago. Were you alive then?

Last edited:
What makes you think I was referring to you? Paranoid much? You mentioned people in America a long time ago. Were you alive then?
Did you ever believe that the earth is flat and that the sun revolves around it?

I bet you think "The love of money is the root of all evil" is holy or sacred because it's in the bible. Wrong. It's philosophy, just like all of Jesus' teachings.

Last edited:
Usually when one quotes someone, they are talking to that someone.

Did you ever believe that the earth is flat and that the sun revolves around it?

I bet you think "The love of money is the root of all evil" is holy or sacred because it's in the bible. Wrong. It's philosophy, just like all of Jesus' teachings.
I have never thought the earth was flat. There are references in the Bible as well that say the earth is a circle:

Did Bible writers believe the Earth was flat?

Money is evil because of what money causes. Is crime caused by money? It sure is. Do drug users break into homes because they need money to buy drugs? Yep, some do. So, humanity makes money evil.

You can feel free to think that Jesus only teaches philosophy, that is your choice. I however believe that Jesus is teaching a lifestyle that will reward me later if I decide to live that lifestyle, which I do.

I have dabbled in the Bible for years. I have questioned everything for a very long time. I have learned many things that have turned me away from God. Here is the conclusion I have come to:

We can think life is all about life and when it is over, it is over.
We can run around and wonder about the meaning of this whole thing, never finding the answer.

We have to think about forever, it is a very long time. My opinion is that we are given this life in order to either follow God, or damn ourselves to hell by not following God.

There are also some really cool things in the Bible for those whom want to search the truth. The New Testament is 400 years newer then the old, yet, the coming of Jesus was predicted. He was not only predicted, but His death was also predicted.

We can also look at the Shimita and look through history and see the things that have happened in those years. Financial crashes, wars and other things that align with the Shamita years. The truth of God is everywhere around us. This is not to mention the things that happen during blood moons. God has told us Christians to watch for signs from him in the skies, it has proven reliable.

September there will be another blood moon falling during the Feast of Tabernacles. This will be interesting as it has never happened and it will be 500 more years before it will happen again. Something might happen. We could say it is just by chance, us Christians know better though.

Interesting times we live in...

Mrrandb, when you first read the title of this post your curiosity guided you to click and read. Instead of not believing in prayer and just moving on you made post about your dis belief in God and prayer. And having your beliefs is perfectly o.k. no one can push God on anybody. God will not push himself on anyone. We have a freewill in this life to choose what we do. But something is going on here, you feel drawn to keep coming back to this thread. Now what could this mean ? I think that the seed has been planted in your heart. The seed that i,m talking about is the God. Now you don't have to accept that at this point. But instead of closing your mind which then closes your heart. Put the thought of God and the fact that Jesus is the Christ some were, in a spiritual drawer if you will. who knows maybe someday you will look up at the stars, and ponder just maybe some one created all of this.

Prayer: How to do nothing and still believe you're helping. Fairy tales are for children.
I have to wonder, if you believe that the concept of God is a fairy tale and that praying is of no worth and "for children", why do you bother posting in this thread?

fxdscon

Premium Subscriber
Mrrandb, when you first read the title of this post your curiosity guided you to click and read. Instead of not believing in prayer and just moving on you made post about your dis belief in God and prayer. And having your beliefs is perfectly o.k. no one can push God on anybody. God will not push himself on anyone. We have a freewill in this life to choose what we do. But something is going on here, you feel drawn to keep coming back to this thread. Now what could this mean ? I think that the seed has been planted in your heart. The seed that i,m talking about is the God. Now you don't have to accept that at this point. But instead of closing your mind which then closes your heart. Put the thought of God and the fact that Jesus is the Christ some were, in a spiritual drawer if you will. who knows maybe someday you will look up at the stars, and ponder just maybe some one created all of this.
You are entitled to your own beliefs also, but by your own logic, the fact that you felt it necessary to respond to his post means that he has planted a seed in your heart that is contrary to your own beliefs... correct? You wouldn't be closing your own mind to the fact that his beliefs are the correct ones and yours are not, would you? Hmmmmmm.... Apparently something is going on in your heart also! Very interesting indeed!

Or does your logic only apply one way?

Wow now that's a trip , and I'm not being sarcastic. It really is. I had to read your post more then once to get it. The logic does go both ways. It's like a logical mirror reflecting on it self going back and forth for an eternity Yes something has been planted in my heart. Very interesting indeed or shall I say very interesting inseed . And with all of the seeds being planted it's a spiritual garden. But only if it could be watered. So we all could harvest some fruit. Because at the end of the day we all have to eat, right?

Last edited:
You are entitled to your own beliefs also, but by your own logic, the fact that you felt it necessary to respond to his post means that he has planted a seed in your heart that is contrary to your own beliefs... correct? You wouldn't be closing your own mind to the fact that his beliefs are the correct ones and yours are not, would you? Hmmmmmm.... Apparently something is going on in your heart also! Very interesting indeed!

Or does your logic only apply one way?

I see it another way.

If someone comes here and tries to convince me the sky is purple, I know otherwise and will try and convince the person the sky is blue.

If I come here and say something about God and someone challenges me, I would argue about my version of fact. My version of fact might not be fact for everyone, I however believe that my version of fact is indeed fact.

fxdscon

Premium Subscriber
I however believe that my version of fact is indeed fact.
Yep.... Everyone says that. Everyone debating religion believes that their facts are the only ones that could possibly be correct.

Everyone believes that their facts are indeed - the facts.

What it comes down to is that their opinions are every bit as valid as anyone else's opinions.

Yep.... Everyone says that. Everyone debating religion believes that their facts are the only ones that could possibly be correct.

Everyone believes that their facts are indeed - the facts.

What it comes down to is that their opinions are every bit as valid as anyone else's opinions.

I have said it over and over in this thread, God has given us all free will. So, who am I to persuade anyone that my thinking is the only way? If God has given everyone free will, I have no way to say no.

If you however bash me for what I see as fact, then I have every right to bite back. Defend your truth and don't bash others for doing the same.

This right here is where religion sucks, everyone thinks they are right and are willing to kill to defend their version of fact. We need to all get along and stop bashing others for what they think. Bashing does nothing but create hate, which causes war, which fuels more hate, which causes a bigger war.... It never ends.

Think what you want using your free will but also respect my right to have free will.

Status
Not open for further replies.