• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Preparing for G20 in Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeRich

Premium Subscriber
Hi folks.

Just wanted to get some feedback on what I should be looking for with respect to the G20. I have some freq tables for downtown, where I am, but thought some people might know anything special for such a special event.

Love to get your input.

Cheers

Welcome to RR,

What kind of radio will you be using ? Not all radios are capable of hearing everything. Besides the obvious of the three main services, you may want to monitor Hydro/Public Works, TTC, aircraft and marine, if you're close the the lake. The thing is, you never know what you're gonna hear and from who !

mciupa

DB Administrator
Use your close call/signal stalker feature or the custom search band in your scanner to see if anything unpublished comes up.

BeeRich

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply.

The problem is, CC would trip a lot. I get them anyway, considering the police are trunked. I am 4 km away from where the fun is happening, as well as a temporary jail in my neighbourhood.

So you think searching a range would be best?

Any chance you could point me in the direction of the Custom Search Band? The documentation for the BCT15X is horrible, online or otherwise.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.