Prescott PD 154.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Does anyone know if Prescott PD migrated to a full MDT dispatch sometime over the summer? (or if they did something else) I was gone for 6 weeks and I have heard almost no traffic on their dispatch freq, so I'm trying to figure out if there's something wrong with my radio or antenna, or if they made changes to the system (anything like PL tones, full MDT dispatch or some other thing).

Also, has anyone figured out what their new callsigns mean (like 11-336, 12-257, etc), we figured out that the last 3 numbers are the badge number and the 11- might be a motorcycle officer (took my friend a $250 speeding ticket to figure that out hehe)

kb7yvx

they switched over a month ago to 155.250 for dispatch,,not sure if its permanent or not yet

as to the callsigns i hadn't tracked them as they seem to be not assigned to one area like it used to be

jerry

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Ok so they moved over to what used to be the TAC frequency (Ch1), any idea if they moved TAC to Ch2 (154.8)? there seems to be sporadic transmissions in that channel.

Thanks for the info.

kb7yvx

yes they just switched channels 1 to 2 and 2 to 1

have to see if they get the new p25 repeater of if fire does now

jerry

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
I thought the P25 repeater was just for PV, but I hope that if they get it, they stick to analog voice so I don't have to spend $500 on a P25-compatible scanner.

kb7yvx

prescott valley has never mentioned in any of there articles of switching to a p25 repeater,,if they were going to they would most had likely done it on the new 154.115 which is used every now and then

the new p25 repeater is either going for pd or fire,,still waiting for it to go on the air

jerry

CopOut332

I think the Prescott PD officers are using their social security numbers as their call signs...

Only kidding, but it seems pretty silly that a small agency (with no more than 5-6 cars on the street at any given time) would use five digit call signs. Part of the idea behind call signs and ten codes was to help minimize traffic, not increase it.

Not sure why PPD switched frequencies. I know they've discussed having to narrowband their radios to comply with the FCC regs, but I have no idea if that has anything to do with the switch or not.

USP45

Just to clarify, are the new frequencies for Prescott PD Dispatch 153.86 transmit and 155.25 receive for units in the field, and Tactical is 154.80 transmit and 155.73 receive? If this is the case, could someone update the Yavapai County database? Thanks to all--

Status
Not open for further replies.