• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Price Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

I am looking into buying a HT1000 VHF or preferably a Minitor VHF to be used on the 151-158 mhz area. We are not sure of the exact freq that will be used yet, but will find out soon. I was just looking for a price quote for either a HT1000 VHF or Minitor VHF, both programmed for 1 Freq... Id require 2 sets of tones out, for 2 different Battalion Chiefs.. Since I am only needing 2 different two tones out, on 1 frequency, a Minitor would be best I think..

Last edited:

Astro25

Looks like Lindsay didn't like your signature!!!

A VHF HT1000 goes for around $125-175.

You can get cheaper 2 channel HT1000s for around $100 or so.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I am looking into buying a HT1000 VHF or preferably a Minitor VHF to be used on the 151-158 mhz area. We are not sure of the exact freq that will be used yet, but will find out soon. I was just looking for a price quote for either a HT1000 VHF or Minitor VHF, both programmed for 1 Freq... Id require 2 sets of tones out, for 2 different Battalion Chiefs.. Since I am only needing 2 different two tones out, on 1 frequency, a Minitor would be best I think..

Haha... I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

You need a Minitor III or higher to do what you are asking. Expect to pay $150ish on ebay for one.

Astro25

fail

Maybe when you are selling them, but you know you can buy them a lot cheaper. I got several in the $70 range on here and BL within the last year.

Fail, not exactly.

I'm talking decent condition, DN revision radios. If you can find *that* for $70, then that's a damn good deal! With narrow band on the rise, especially here, anything that's not a DN isn't really getting eaten up, at least not in this area. For rural areas even an AN is fine if the flex is still good. Usually by then the knobs are wiggly and loose as hell.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Sure did smarty pants, got the following for $70-80 each... all in great shape.

K split D revision
R split D revision
K split C revision
R split B revision

Status
Not open for further replies.