SC200: Pricing on SDS200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CQ

Here's the best deal in town right now, no tax, no shipping.

Ham Station has the best deal going right now and they even specify that they have new stock without the hum fix.

They're a bit hard nosed about not returning it to them but for free shipping AND no tax (as they ship from Indiana, (about $50.00 saving there alone) and a unit known to have the ghetto hodge podge hack attempt at a fix Uniden put in already done, a good value and this may be the best deal going right now.

SDS-200 SHIPS FREE ground shipping No Tax out of IN Uniden Sds-200 Digital scanner [] - $699.99 : The Hamstation!, Your one stop on-line source for amateur radio fun.

View attachment 70954

And how is it the best deal when everyone else sells it at the same price? Others also offer free shipping and even no sales tax (depending on state).

jjbond

Banned
Banned
And how is it the best deal when everyone else sells it at the same price? Others also offer free shipping and even no sales tax (depending on state).
ok, let me rephrase the statement.... best that I saw.... tell us the others, I don't see your mentioning the others, the ones I checked all charged tax if shipped to AZ, I'm looking to order one so your info is helpful if you'd share it instead of just slamming mine. Looking forward to seeing your response listing places I can buy one tax free, shipping free and with a statement they're hum free units.... or an apology.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
It should be noted that Ham Station has a $105.00 restocking charge.

Thus their statement that returns go to Uniden thus my comment that they were harsh... if it weren't for their no hum statement I'd doubt they'd sell any to those of us who research these products. I'll never buy anything from them.... whats really said is Uniden shipped an item we have to play guessing games on to get a working one or even worry about restocking fees.... I'm not trying to save tax or shipping, I'm trying to get a hum free one first shot.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
The last 6 new scanners I bought from Jeff a TRX-1 TRX-2 BCD536 BCD436 SDS100 SDS200 and never had a problem with the Ham Station as I have said several times I used to drive from W Tn to Evansville just to deal with them.

allend

Premium Subscriber
The last 6 new scanners I bought from Jeff a TRX-1 TRX-2 BCD536 BCD436 SDS100 SDS200 and never had a problem with the Ham Station as I have said several times I used to drive from W Tn to Evansville just to deal with them.

I bought my first SDS-200 from Jeff at Hamstation and had a problem with the LCD screen which was nobodies fault and the whole radio was replaced with no issues. HamStation is a great place to buy from.

dfw1193

Here's the best deal in town right now, no tax, no shipping.

Ham Station has the best deal going right now and they even specify that they have new stock without the hum fix.

They're a bit hard nosed about not returning it to them but for free shipping AND no tax (as they ship from Indiana, (about $50.00 saving there alone) and a unit known to have the ghetto hodge podge hack attempt at a fix Uniden put in already done, a good value and this may be the best deal going right now.

SDS-200 SHIPS FREE ground shipping No Tax out of IN Uniden Sds-200 Digital scanner [] - $699.99 : The Hamstation!, Your one stop on-line source for amateur radio fun.

View attachment 70954
Old news Bearcat Warehouse has the same deal.

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
What's going on with pricing on the Uniden SDS200? For weeks I saw it all over the nation advertised for $649.99. Now all of a sudden it's priced at $699.99 everywhere! Walmart is showing it at $699.99 with a list price of $1,399.99!!! o_O :sneaky:

The list prices on Uniden radios going back a long time have been a little "out there" totally unrelated to reality. I used to laugh at the list prices on CB radios back about 30 years ago. They were double the street price or pretty close to it.

jjbond

Banned
Banned
They have to charge an additional $50.00 to cover the metal for the hum fix and the labor to put it in I guess... welcome to capitalism.

UnidenSupport

Uniden Representative
Uniden Representative
They have to charge an additional $50.00 to cover the metal for the hum fix and the labor to put it in I guess... welcome to capitalism.
699.99 is the regular retail price. Often when there is a new release, a retailer will go down to a lower price when they expect to sell a high volume of the product, and then it will go back up when sales equalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.