Prince George Co radio info

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS9710

I’m hearing officers being called in “Bring in your radios in for programming at your earliest convenience”. Are they going encrypted? Are they going digital? FCC licenses show no change, kinda curious what’s going on.

W4UVV

I have seen a frequency of 173.2875 licensed to them now, but haven’t heard any traffic on it

NS9710:

As was previously posted, it is for county water storage levels control. County water pumps maintain the levels in each of the four water tanks in the county. The signal is digital frequency shift keying @ 5 watts input and probably 2 watts ERP output using a directional yagi. You're not going to hear any of the transmissions.

John
W4UVV

W4UVV

I’m hearing officers being called in “Bring in your radios in for programming at your earliest convenience”. Are they going encrypted? Are they going digital? FCC licenses show no change, kinda curious what’s going on.
-----------
FYI I just spoke with a scanner friend who also is an active member of the VFD. He has not been advised to bring his radio in for programing. He also does not have any new update info on the status of the new county trs. Some of my local scanner friends and I are hoping that it will not be a Harris trs. Our concerns are based in part upon the long term problems the states of Florida and Pennsylvania had over a 20+ year period with Harris which resulted with both states finally cancelling their contracts. We also recognized that Motorola has had its' past problems with STARS.

It is noted and understood that these were state level radio systems and not a local trs. This post is not an invitation to debate or discuss the subject with me of a Harris vs. Motorola trs and any such related posts won't be responded to. Thanks.

John:)
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.