Privacy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Just by the fact your name is listed in the FCC database means I can get a boat load on you including your real home address.

A great book to check out is called How To Be Invisible by the moniker J.J. Luna. In there you will soon learn that to be absolutely private requires you to live a life outside of your everyday comfort zone. But there is good advice.

mitbr

Interesting story.... One day I was talking on my hf ham radio and got someone at my door complaining I was coming thru her old crt tv. oh and she dosnt have cable tv either...who still has a crt tv... anyway I asked her how she new where I lived,she stated I put your call sign in google and found out where you live sigh.

quad_track

You go to a conference. Everyone is friendly and wears name badges. Chances are everyone knows everyone anyway, it's a small world. You wear a name badge because it's appropriate.

You go to a public place. Some people are friendly and give you their names, others don't care, a few may be hostile. You give your name to the friendly ones to let them know you're friendly as well. You don't care about the hostile ones because they are few.

You go to a very shady place where bad guys hang out (hopefully you go there to help someone, not to do shady stuff yourself). You certainly want to use a different name, change you appearance and give as little info as possible.

Different places, different approaches. The information you provide should be appropriate to the place where you are.

Hans13

Interesting story.... One day I was talking on my hf ham radio and got someone at my door complaining I was coming thru her old crt tv. oh and she dosnt have cable tv either...who still has a crt tv... anyway I asked her how she new where I lived,she stated I put your call sign in google and found out where you live sigh.

Tracking down interference is one of the purposes of the call sign and database.

Status
Not open for further replies.