• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Private Call

cacbig44

Premium Subscriber
On Nebraska State Radio system I just listen to 2 ppl talking. One said this a private call. Is there away too detect this on the scanner?

cacbig44

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting little lost here. There nothing in programing software for I-Call. Have done DMR put i0 in the TGID make that one work. But I'm on the P25. This was the private call.

Capture.PNG

ORION_NE

Just program a 'private call' talk group using i0 as the talk group ID. I believe that is the private call wild card.

Did you scanner display ixxxxx-ixxxxx on your scanner when they said it was a private call?

cacbig44

Premium Subscriber
So I'm trying this right now. Still haven't seen anything yet. Not for sure that NSRS has private calls and this setup is right way to do it.

Capture.PNG