Private radio shop consolidation in Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Seems like bearcom is on a buying spree--they bought out a canada company not long ago

They have bought out much more than one Canadian company. I can think of at least 3 just in Alberta alone that Bearcom has bought. They just finished buying Turris, who bought a bunch of the Glentel assets when Glentel decided to get out of the radio business.

Hopefully they don’t keep buying up Alberta shops. We need competition here and they keep buying the decent players in the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim202

They have bought out much more than one Canadian company. I can think of at least 3 just in Alberta alone that Bearcom has bought. They just finished buying Turris, who bought a bunch of the Glentel assets when Glentel decided to get out of the radio business.

Hopefully they don’t keep buying up Alberta shops. We need competition here and they keep buying the decent players in the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree that competition is needed in the radio service field. Without it, the remaining radio shops get total control over a region and can become very sloppy and pricey.

I have worked with Bearcom in the past when I was living in Virginia. Found them to be easy to work with and had some good talent working for them. They were professional and did good work. Hope this continues as they expand and absorb the other companies into the fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.