Pro-651: Pro 106 and Pro 651 Expert Settings Differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

gh6406

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know exactly what differences there are in the Expert Settings between the Pro651 and the Pro106? I know about the RSSI Threshold and the Zeromatic Threshold InHi differences, but there must be more. I have a pro 651 and pro106 programmed exactly alike sitting side by side and the 651 will not track Tennessee TACN near as well as the Pro106. Any help?

R

retiredmich

The 106 & 651 should be the same they just look different, if you put 2 scanners side by side one will pick up traffic be for the other & some time if one picks up first the other may not transmit. I looked up Tennessee TACN that is P25 Phase 11 & the 106 is not program for Phase 11, are you sure you can get Tennessee TACN on the 651 ?

Last edited:

GeneseeCoMI

The 106 & 651 should be the same they just look different, if you put 2 scanners side by side one will pick up traffic be for the other & some time if one picks up first the other may not transmit. I looked up Tennessee TACN that is P25 Phase 11 & the 106 is not program for Phase 11, are you sure you can get Tennessee TACN on the 651 ?

Neither unit will ever transmit. Scanners only receive.

Last edited:

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
I've played with the expert settings on my PSR-500 and my 106, and I couldn't see any difference at all. Other than the time it takes to open the squelch on weaker signals, I didn't see any real difference between the settings at all. I finally just decided to leave well enough alone, and programmed all of them the same, and I don't have any complaints at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.